Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also live in Cal, but I haven't seen the similar issue at all. I park my car where there is no shade. But I do see some small faded spots on the plastic trim if I don't remove bird poops immediately. That makes me wonder that some chemical reactions could be the reason.

Could you tell me what kind of wash chemicals did you use?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just used CarPro’s Xtreme Gloss to buff/polish the plastic pieces. Worked well, but I’m going to have the car detailed professionally, anyway. I really should be doing it at least once a year, anyway, as mentioned above by @AriVqz ;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for my bad question. I wanted to ask the wash chemical (not CarPro) you originally used before the fade issue happened. You mentioned that the fade suddenly came up after a wash. So I was wondering what wash chemical could have faded the trim.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ah, gotcha.. No idea, because it was at a car wash place. I’ve been going there for quite a few years (with other cars also) and never had an issue, which makes me believe it was just the plastic and not the chemicals. I’ve noticed that all the plastic that is fading is on my driver’s side, which is the side that faces the sun in my driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the clarification. I don't drive much than before due to Covid so my car is exposed to the same direct sun light everyday. My solution was putting a car cover. It is ugly but it protects from UV and bird poops. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts