Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I own a 2015 Discovery Sport HSE 2.2ltr turbo diesel. Had car since new and has now done 86,000kms. Bought the Landrover Extended warranty which runs out next month. Overall the car has been reliable however local dealer did replace the transmission and EGR pump 2 years ago due to a fault. Dealer has always provided me with a loan car so was never an inconvenience. Is there anything I should have the dealer check specifically before the warranty runs out? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I plan on keeping the car for a few more years yet. Thank you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Haldex 4WD part. This is a common and known issue with many Land Rover cars. As soon as my warranty expired, my Haldex pump started to make problems. I didn't check the price with a dealership, but I am sure it will cost more than $1,500. Instead, I bought an aftermarket part and am working with a local technician.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haldex 4WD part. This is a common and known issue with many Land Rover cars. As soon as my warranty expired, my Haldex pump started to make problems. I didn't check the price with a dealership, but I am sure it will cost more than $1,500. Instead, I bought an aftermarket part and am working with a local technician.
Thanks for the heads up urazen. The EGR pump would have costed $1800 to replace had I not had the extended warranty. I have the car booked in at my local Land Rover dealer in 2 weeks time for its annual service. We are going on a camping trip shortly after which will involve some rough terrain. I’ll be sure to bring this up with them. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts