Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing a second hand model in the coming months, whether 2.0 or 2.2l motor is not important at this stage, what is important is knowing of any expected problems at certain klms. Have previously owned rebadged Korean SUVs that require timing chain/belt replaced every 120,000klms. In essence what to be aware of when looking at second hand. Battery problems and starting issues I'm aware of, any other things to avoid?
Greatly appreciate any advise/warnings you could provide.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check CarWizard youtube channel. He's a car shop owner who bought a 2015 discovery sport for his wife. He has few videos discussing this specific model year reliability and practicality. Just search his channel for "discovery sport".

I still drive my 16' disco sport. At 75k miles no mechanical issues so far.

·
Super Moderator
502 Posts
Battery problems are not really battery problems but the fact Land Rover has set the warning way to high. Hot climates and cold climates are both hard on a battery in any make. Diesels have different emission problems than gas / petrol engines mainly due to the regeneration process.
Never have had any starting problems since I have owned the car. and those who complain are usually one time posters who never come back to say what happened.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The original ones 2015 like mine have pretty poor gearbox programming, holds high gears way too long. I drove a 2016 with the 2.0 and didn't notice it as much. I think DPF replacement is probably your most likely issue at higher KMs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts