Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Newbie here. I have a 16 HSE... brought to my mechanic to replace serpentine belt and idler pulley (which he successfully fixed) BUT another problem reared its head. Hopefully I've attached a video. Mechanic guess cracked piston ring, burnt valve, or head gasket. 2016 Disco sport, 59k miles. All feedback welcome. November 6, 2021

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bill. Thanks for responding.

There's more to it them him "guessing". He's a skilled mechanic that I trust. Problem is we live in a VERY rural area and although he is competent, he was doing the serpentine belt and pulley work for free.... so, getting into the engine was going to be a time/money/tools/commitment neither of us were ready for.

The purpose of the video was to hopefully elicit thoughts from those out there with specific Disco experience. I drove it from his shop back home (15 miles ..did between 35 and 60mph ) and it seemed to drive ok... didn't notice anything as to performance. Just the sounds that you hear in the video seemed to be a little more present when I got home. The hope was to be able to drive it to a more proper shop (2hrs) but I wasn't sure I could make it so didn't push my luck.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
627 Posts
It looks like you are in West Virginia (?) and surely there are other "proper shops" within a 2 hour drive. The car has a Ford 2 liter ecoboost engine. Hard to tell from the video how loud the sound is without bring there.

Why where you changing the pulley?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts