Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing a weird electrical humming noise every so often. It not anything structural or like a clicking rattle or anything. It almost sounds like an electrical hum or like when a computer making a humming noise.

anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can you source it? Maybe from a speaker? Are you using an aux cord that may have a ground loop?

If not, blame it on the magic of a tiny snail under the hood acting as positive displacement :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you source it? Maybe from a speaker? Are you using an aux cord that may have a ground loop?

If not, blame it on the magic of a tiny snail under the hood acting as positive displacement :p
It seems to be coming from the back left of my vehicle. I dont have an aux cord and it makes the noise with the radio on our off. Good thought because at first i thought it was interference on the radio so turned it off and still heard it.

Also it seems to only make the noise when the vehicle is in drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
were you able to find the solution to your problem? my 2012 range rover just started doing the same thing. back right speaker makes a subtle crackling sound when in park. the buzzing stops when i come to a halt, but once i start moving it starts again. consistent sound not related to acceleration. Anyone else come across this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts