Discovery Sport Forum banner

Eibach Lift Springs Are Done!

10K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  discojohn 
#1 · (Edited)
Well,the lift springs are installed and I couldn't be happier although they are probably just now standing down from the red alert at Visa that happened when the charge hit the system. The work was done by Overland 4x4 of Alexandria, Virginia, that is a specialty shop for Land Rover, Range Rover, and Jeep (and one 1996 Bentley that is impressive). Their holding lot has classic Defenders of all wheelbases and years, Discos 1 and 2, and classic Range Rovers. Mine was the first DS to be in their shop.

The mechanic who did the work said that I probably got 2 and a half inches out of it, and he was pretty impressed with the DS on the whole. How does it drive? I have put maybe 20 miles on it since I got it back. The miles are on-road - from interstate to neighborhood streets - and the on-road ride is unchanged, and it actually handles the neighborhood speed bumps more smoothly than before the lift. If you have been on the fence about the Eibach lift springs, here's a vote for get off and do it.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive side marker light
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Well,the lift springs are installed and I couldn't be happier although they are probably just now standing down from the red alert at Visa that happened when the charge hit the system. The work was done by Overland 4x4 of Alexandria, Virginia, that is a specialty shop for Land Rover, Range Rover, and Jeep (and one 1996 Bentley that is impressive). Their holding lot has classic Defenders of all wheelbases and years, Discos 1 and 2, and classic Range Rovers. Mine was the first DS to be in their shop.

The mechanic who did the work said that I probably got 2 and a half inches out of it, and he was pretty impressed with the DS on the whole. How does it drive? I have put maybe 20 miles on it since I got it back. The miles are on-road - from interstate to neighborhood streets - and the on-road ride is unchanged, and it actually handles the neighborhood speed bumps more smoothly than before the lift. If you have been on the fence about the Eibach lift springs, here's a vote for get off and do it. View attachment 7731 View attachment 7732 View attachment 7733 View attachment 7731 View attachment 7732 View attachment 7733 View attachment 7735
Nice! Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

#4 ·
Overland estimated 5 hours each front and rear for $1700, including 4 wheel alignment. The actual turned turned out to be a little more, to the tune of $1950. The parts from Eibach were $420. I probably could have saved a few dollars by going somewhere else, but Overland specializes in Land Rover/Range Rover and has very good reviews. This being my first new vehicle in 20 years I wanted to take it to someone I was comfortable with.

#6 ·
Heres mine. 265/65/18 BFG KO2's with Eibach lift. Had it off-road twice now in some tricky country with the local Land Rover Club and it didn't bottom out once. Went everywhere the D4's went and with ease. Very happy.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

#8 ·
Both rigs look great!!!! Taking our DS in tomorrow for the Eibach installation!! I paid roughly the same for the springs with shipping from Germany BUT…my local Land Rover specific Indy shop charged me $774 for the install AND alignment!! ( which I prepaid) That install cost they charged you is ridiculously high! I’d be pissed! Or think twice about having them do any other work.…but what can you do?

#10 ·

The mechanic who did the work said that I probably got 2 and a half inches out of it, and he was pretty impressed with the DS on the whole. How does it drive? I have put maybe 20 miles on it since I got it back. The miles are on-road - from interstate to neighborhood streets - and the on-road ride is unchanged, and it actually handles the neighborhood speed bumps more smoothly than before the lift. If you have been on the fence about the Eibach lift springs, here's a vote for get off and do it. View attachment 7731 View attachment 7732 View attachment 7733 View attachment 7731 View attachment 7732 View attachment 7733 View attachment 7735
Looks good. May be worth upgrading the anti-roll bars (sway bars) if possible. I do think that the standard car tends to roll somewhat so a lifted car will certainly roll. There are poly bush type rubber mounts available so this may help.

#11 ·
I have not experienced an increased incidence of body roll and I would say the ride is actually better because the DS pitches less. Firmer, more controllable. Since the work has been done I've been on everything from interstates to poorly maintained dirt roads (and my neighborhood streets, which have speed humps) and I believe that, given all else, I have a better ride.

#13 ·
They are very stiff springs - one of the mechanics commented on that. And my tires are a long way from needing replaced - after owning the DS from July 2019 I just turned 9700 miles. The OEM Scorpion Verdes are going to be with us for a while.

#15 ·
I had Eibachs fitted about two years ago, and together with General Grabbers AT3s the DS is very competent offroad. I doubt that the lift is as much as 2 1/2", probably close to 1 1/2". For the Ozzies, we have just completed two very sandy tracks - the Eyre Bird Observatory road outside Cocklebiddy on the Nullarbor, and the Yeagarup Beach road outside Pemberton. No problems with bottoming although deep ruts.
Rule of thumb: you only have to have more clearance than the vehicle ahead of you and you will be ok.

The problem is that as you air down, so the clearance drops. Frustrating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.