Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport HSE, 2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well,the lift springs are installed and I couldn't be happier although they are probably just now standing down from the red alert at Visa that happened when the charge hit the system. The work was done by Overland 4x4 of Alexandria, Virginia, that is a specialty shop for Land Rover, Range Rover, and Jeep (and one 1996 Bentley that is impressive). Their holding lot has classic Defenders of all wheelbases and years, Discos 1 and 2, and classic Range Rovers. Mine was the first DS to be in their shop.

The mechanic who did the work said that I probably got 2 and a half inches out of it, and he was pretty impressed with the DS on the whole. How does it drive? I have put maybe 20 miles on it since I got it back. The miles are on-road - from interstate to neighborhood streets - and the on-road ride is unchanged, and it actually handles the neighborhood speed bumps more smoothly than before the lift. If you have been on the fence about the Eibach lift springs, here's a vote for get off and do it.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive side marker light
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well,the lift springs are installed and I couldn't be happier although they are probably just now standing down from the red alert at Visa that happened when the charge hit the system. The work was done by Overland 4x4 of Alexandria, Virginia, that is a specialty shop for Land Rover, Range Rover, and Jeep (and one 1996 Bentley that is impressive). Their holding lot has classic Defenders of all wheelbases and years, Discos 1 and 2, and classic Range Rovers. Mine was the first DS to be in their shop.

The mechanic who did the work said that I probably got 2 and a half inches out of it, and he was pretty impressed with the DS on the whole. How does it drive? I have put maybe 20 miles on it since I got it back. The miles are on-road - from interstate to neighborhood streets - and the on-road ride is unchanged, and it actually handles the neighborhood speed bumps more smoothly than before the lift. If you have been on the fence about the Eibach lift springs, here's a vote for get off and do it. View attachment 7731 View attachment 7732 View attachment 7733 View attachment 7731 View attachment 7732 View attachment 7733 View attachment 7735
Nice! Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
19 Posts

The mechanic who did the work said that I probably got 2 and a half inches out of it, and he was pretty impressed with the DS on the whole. How does it drive? I have put maybe 20 miles on it since I got it back. The miles are on-road - from interstate to neighborhood streets - and the on-road ride is unchanged, and it actually handles the neighborhood speed bumps more smoothly than before the lift. If you have been on the fence about the Eibach lift springs, here's a vote for get off and do it. View attachment 7731 View attachment 7732 View attachment 7733 View attachment 7731 View attachment 7732 View attachment 7733 View attachment 7735
Just curious, what did they charge and how long did it take?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious, what did they charge and how long did it take?
Overland estimated 5 hours each front and rear for $1700, including 4 wheel alignment. The actual turned turned out to be a little more, to the tune of $1950. The parts from Eibach were $420. I probably could have saved a few dollars by going somewhere else, but Overland specializes in Land Rover/Range Rover and has very good reviews. This being my first new vehicle in 20 years I wanted to take it to someone I was comfortable with.

·
Registered
2016 SD4 SE
25 Posts
Heres mine. 265/65/18 BFG KO2's with Eibach lift. Had it off-road twice now in some tricky country with the local Land Rover Club and it didn't bottom out once. Went everywhere the D4's went and with ease. Very happy.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would love to see this with all terrains off road!
That's going to have to wait a bit. After 2 years of ownership (brand new in July 2019), it has only 7600 miles on the OEM Scorpion Verdes.. Thanks, COVID.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Both rigs look great!!!! Taking our DS in tomorrow for the Eibach installation!! I paid roughly the same for the springs with shipping from Germany BUT…my local Land Rover specific Indy shop charged me $774 for the install AND alignment!! ( which I prepaid) That install cost they charged you is ridiculously high! I’d be pissed! Or think twice about having them do any other work.…but what can you do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts