Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the 2016-2017 models have AWD with the auto-disconnecting rear diff w/ torque vectoring technology? my dealer guy said he thought they all had it, but there's an option in the online configurator that describes this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If there's an option.. it isn't standard.. which theoretically means they don't all have it ? The dealer guy should know these things !

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hmm. Take a lint free cloth and walk over to the Jaguar/Land Rover sign out by the sidewalk. Start rubbing the sign w/ the cloth and if the paint starts to reveal underneath "Bert's Used Cars" then get the heck out of there NOW.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Are there any other dealers around you? When it comes to situations like this I like to get second and sometimes even third opinions since the experience you get from one dealer and another won't be consistent... if it is, they're likely under the same umbrella.

·
Registered
211 Posts
When I bought mine (September - a 2016) I asked the dealer sales rep. about that. He said it was an option, and not available on the 2016, but coming up on the 2017 models. If you go to the Land Rover site and Build Your Own Discovery Sport, the Dynamic Drive will show up as an option (Intelligent Dynamics Pack - for $1,700).

Also, the Gestured Tail Gate shows up as standard on the HSE (which I have), but apparently was an option on the 2016's (which I didn't realize until later :( )

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the DS is an AWD, but is it all-time AWD, all-time torque-vectoring AWD, or disconnecting diff AWD

all-time AWD - power to all wheels all the time
all-time torque-vectoring AWD - driveline is still connected but power is only delivered to wheels that need it
disconnecting diff AWD - rear diff disconnects so it runs FWD until 4x is needed (the LR "Active Driveline")

this is not stopping me from buying a MY17 (the B pillar issue may make me waith), but i just want to understand how the std DS driveline works.

thanks

side -note: its seems odd that when you get incontrol-touch-pro you cannot get the ABS (A=autonomous).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts