Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok I just had a look under my car. It appeared I have a cover that goes over the cutout. Here are some photos for you to go back get that cover from JLR.
Disco, You don't have the cover that goes over the cutout. You have the cover. What we have is the same cover, but hack-sawed leaving a huge hole.

Thanks for the pictures. I immediately forwarded them to my dealership. I can't stand being fed crap. Buying a vehicle shouldn't take this much effort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

I have checked my 5 seater MY2015 and I have to admit - I also have a hole. Never seen it before, perhaps cause I am over 6". It is smaller than I thought it is after looking at original pics in this thread.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ok I just had a look under my car. It appeared I have a cover that goes over the cutout. Here are some photos for you to go back get that cover from JLR.
OK, y'all made me wonder even though I was pretty sure I didn't have a hole beneath the rear of the car but I checked anyway and mine is like Disco Disco's. Mine is also a 2015 5 seat and not a 5+2.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, the resolution from the dealer was to swap some 19" wheels off another DS and to offer a tow hitch to "fill up some of the hole." I don't quite understand it, because ordering a new piece of plastic has to be cheaper than paying for a hitch.

So the end discussion was that I should put some chicken wire over the hole to keep the wildlife out. OMG, was this a Land Rover transaction? Someone wake me up.

Otherwise, love the truck. Will post some pics later.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hole and all, love this vehicle.
Yea, even with it's "faults" (quirks?), I love mine, too. It's just really great looking and drives great. Yea, it hesitates now and then, but if I accelerate smoothly rather than jamming my foot down, I don't have a lot of issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the hole in my floor, I have a 5 seat.

My hole has a factory fit hitch in it along with the extra iron girders to hold the hitch to the chassis.

It's a big hole, but atleast mine is justified by the hitch, without it is be pissed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have the hole in my floor, I have a 5 seat.

My hole has a factory fit hitch in it along with the extra iron girders to hold the hitch to the chassis.

It's a big hole, but atleast mine is justified by the hitch, without it is be pissed.
Can you upload a photo of what your's looks like? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No hole in mine. smooth as a baby's but.

Launch Edition
You got lucky that assembly guy who supposed to do the hole with a saw took a break ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same issue with the "unfinished" undercarriage part, so disappointed with LR designers. And the dealership couldn't do anything about it except setting up a case to investigate the issue. I've been waiting for an answer from LR and see if they can retrofit it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a similar experience and did not realize it until the next morning. The delivery visit was rushed as it was late on a Friday. When I originally ordered my DS, I specified the package with Blind Spot Warning and Adaptive Cruise control. Two features that I was really looking forward to. When I awoke the morning after delivery, I dove into the owners manual to learn about these features only to realize they where not there! The salesman blamed LR for changing the specs and not telling them. I found out through LR they absolutely kept their dealers informed. After a week of back and forth, I accepted the changes as I was not charged for them. I was astounded at the lack of integrity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have a hack sawed hole in the under carriage of my 2015 Disco. I am in Australia and it appears that the dealership has put on a 5+2 bumper and tow hitch on my vehicle. The bumper cover is loose and rattling like crazy and not to mention dust and water getting in the sensors and lights. I am seriously pissed and the dealership said that they will research it. I fired off a letter to JLR because as I see it My vehicle would be flat out going through a cup of water on the road let alone crossing a small water course. Any ideas will be appreciated. My dream car overnight became a nightmare.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you have that extra cut out area under your rear, why not ask them to fill it up with a spare tire ?

My 5+2 DS has the spare under the car so if yours is a 2 row seat car, have them move the spare to under the car and have some room made under the rear panel ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts 4sally but I am more concerned that the wrong tow assembly was put on in the first place by the dealership and then they modified my car to fit it without any word about it. If I hadn't found the gapping hole then I wouldn't be the wiser. I can see the gap just looking from behind the car by standing a few feet back. What worries me is that water will spray up in there and short out the wiring to the sensors and lights. In Australia the Discos are around $70G,s which is substantial for a car that I don't want to drive on a wet road. Checked out the Uk forums and the cutting out seems to be a practice for the 5 +2. In my case the isn't any room to fit the spare because of the existing configuration of the spare wheel layout. This is my dream car. It was that way until Thursday at least. If there had been contact to say hey the wrong part has come in and sorry we have to wait, I wouldn't have a car cut into and enough room underneath to stand a spare tyre up into. Not to mention there seems to be an extraordinary amount of screw fasteners missing and sharpe edges.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar experience and did not realize it until the next morning. The delivery visit was rushed as it was late on a Friday. When I originally ordered my DS, I specified the package with Blind Spot Warning and Adaptive Cruise control. Two features that I was really looking forward to. When I awoke the morning after delivery, I dove into the owners manual to learn about these features only to realize they where not there! The salesman blamed LR for changing the specs and not telling them. I found out through LR they absolutely kept their dealers informed. After a week of back and forth, I accepted the changes as I was not charged for them. I was astounded at the lack of integrity.
Wow that's inexecusable for a marque like Land Rover. I'm on the fence with the disco sport to begin with. But stories like this will have me sticking to reputable German luxury dealers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow that's inexecusable for a marque like Land Rover. I'm on the fence with the disco sport to begin with. But stories like this will have me sticking to reputable German luxury dealers.
Sounds like an example of a poor dealership . My experience was much different.

I did a custom order, sales guy was very upfront about the unavailable features. Everything arrived as ordered just like I expected it to. A salesman spent at least 90 minutes with me on a busy Saturday showing me as many features as I could handle. Excellent impression overall, and my best car buying experience to date, including those at MB and BMW

While dgrant's situation is unfortunate, there are good dealerships out there that represent what you would expect from a brand like LR

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but i'm realizing that the pic and thread i just started is about this exact same issue. a hacksaw hole in the back rear of my Disco. Mine is a 2016, was told it was a 2016.5 as it has the Wifi option built in. Guess they are still coming this way from the factory then. i'm comforted at least to see this is "standard" i guess for a 5 seater model. otherwise, the car is outstanding.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Geez, after so many months of this issue with the 2016, you would have thought that the 2016.5 would have been taken care of.

Sadly, JLR are not very intuned with customer complaints....

Guess we will never see them fix the fuel gauge error, nav error, rattles, and undercarriage hole fixed in the 2017 MY ????

21 - 40 of 45 Posts