Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Definitely disappointed to see such shoddiness in this brand. 18" wheels in a different style when paying for a 19" black package? I'm shocked our salesperson didn't address this before we drove all the way there.

I looked around at the other Disco's on the lot and all of the '15s had a spare accessed from under the rear of the vehicle (with two smaller mufflers - one on each side). All of the '16s have a spare in a traditional well accessed from under the interior rear cargo deck. The '16s all have a huge muffler that runs the width of the undercarriage and hangs quite a bit lower. There is also a single tailpipe feeding into it that drops pretty low just before the muffler. It looks like there is quite a bit more to hang up on when off-road. Also, the other '16s on the lot all had the mystery gaping hole - all appeared to be hack-sawed (dremel/sawz-all/whatever), with very visible over cuts and terrible presentation.

Also, it is now well-known at the dealerships that the configurator on the LR USA website is completely outdated. You will have no idea what comes in if you order off of that. We were hit with a $950 upcharge (apparently new for 2016) for Kaikoura Stone. The dealer staff even claims not to know what is going on.
That's pretty crazy. Going to have to look out for the hole when I pick up my car this week.

·
Registered
47 Posts
As of the hole - it appears to be for the spare tire of 5+2 seater. If that is a 5 seater (which I think it is as there is no spare tire underneath) - then it is some sort of a body parts mix.

Ah that definitely seems more likely. Hadn't even thought of the fact that the spare tire would have to move with the 5+2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts