Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been having issues with my Discovery Sport HSE Luxury starting every time I go to fuel up. The vehicle will not start with the push of the button. I have to press push to start 3-5 time and if that doesn't work I step on the gas then it will eventually start. I had it diagnosed at the dealer and they said it was a sensor so had that replaced for $490 and it still doesn't start! The dealer diagnosed it again and now it says all of the cylinders are miss-firing. They said that's unusual for all to be miss-firing. Has anyone had the same issues or any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
360 Posts
Strange that it only happens when you fuel up,, does it start normally the remainder of the time? Do you only fill up when the tank is empty?

I had misfires and it was traced to the fuel injectors, and low pressure at the high pressure fuel pump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bill, Thanks for replying! It starts no problem when not fueling. I've been keep the engine running to avoid the issue. I was filling up when empty. I've started filling up with about 1/4 tank now.
Did you have the fuel injectors clean or anything?

·
Super Moderator
360 Posts
No, two injectors where sticking and had them changed out. Dealer did poor job and I smelled gas fumes. Other dealer repaired leak on the fuel rail and changed out the other injectors just in case, they do love extra warranty repairs.

I always run either 94 or 91 octane non ethanol fuel (unless travelling in the USA ) and for the most part fill up prior to getting to the 1/4 mark to prevent fuel pump damage or dirt plugging it. Mainly use Chevron fuel or Shell and they both have great cleaners in them. You can try a good injector cleaner but most products are designed to clean the valves and do little for direct injection.

Strange thing is the fuel economy readout was always 14% out compared to actual calculated values. Ie: car would show 11L/100 KMs and when I calculated it would be 12.5L/100KMs. Now with new injectors it is out over 19% and would read over 13L/100KMs. But the car seems much quicker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts