Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went and re insured my car for the next year (ouch) and that always hurts. My province has a special rate reduction for vehicles that are used sparingly over the year. Prove your odometer reading when renewing insurance and prove the kilometers you have on the next renewal date.. I drove a little more than the max so did not qualify. The least I have ever driven in a year

Already cancelled one 5000 km journey in June and it looks 99% sure I will be cancelling a proposed 9000 KM in October to the states. Well probably 100% LOL

But was thinking how less everyone else is driving this year , or is any one not reducing their driving?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 45km commute one way to the office so I am a high mileage owner. However, with Covid-19 I am working two less days a week so saving roughly 10-12,000km this year. I have the joy of being an essential worker at my office so I have unfortunately been driving in throughout this pandemic.

Which province are you in? I am around $117 a month on mine in Ontario.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In British Columbia, in Surrey. Province is in the middle of changing to a no fault plan so rates will drop next May when the lawyers for the most part will be out of work. Now paying around $2200.00 per year, includes a charge for having a learner driving the car (grandson), free car rental if in an accident , hotel Bill's if out of town , cost to get home, and a few extras.
The border to the States closed (13 KM from me), Premier recommends not travelling East in Canada (Alberta) and many small towns asking tourists to please stay away,,,,, so local holidays do not add to KM's Saving on gas as we traditionally have the highest fuel prices in North America.

·
Registered
10 Posts
WFH for the duration so, from February to July, when we rented a cabin in the mountains, I filled up the tank one time. 🥴 BTW, I've been to Victoria and Kamloops. Beautiful area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts