Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone's discovery sport have any malfunctions with the driver side mirror? When I first picked up my car from dealership, I got no problems with the both mirrors dipping down in reverse gear. However, after a few days, I noticed that the driver side mirror didn't dip down all the way when I was backing up the car, it only dips down a little bit instead, while the passenger side mirror dips down all the way. Then I brought it back to the dealership for this issue, but they said that this is not a manufacture defect, that's the way how it's designed by engineers. Does anyone have an answer to that?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi all,

Does anyone's discovery sport have any malfunctions with the driver side mirror? When I first picked up my car from dealership, I got no problems with the both mirrors dipping down in reverse gear. However, after a few days, I noticed that the driver side mirror didn't dip down all the way when I was backing up the car, it only dips down a little bit instead, while the passenger side mirror dips down all the way. Then I brought it back to the dealership for this issue, but they said that this is not a manufacture defect, that's the way how it's designed by engineers. Does anyone have an answer to that?
I have a 2015 HSE Lux. Both my mirrors dip when I back up. I had to turn on the option in settings (which I discovered by accident a couple days after getting car). Sounds like you already have the setting turned on. My understanding is that both mirrors are supposed to dip.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi all,

Road Tiger - Is your DS a non-US/NA version? According to the UK version of the owner's manual, the angle of the dipping can be adjusted and saved, I am guessing you might have accidentally adjusted and save the angle for the driver side mirror? (I have heard that LR later removed this feature from all markets, but I am not sure).

However, that option is unavailable if your DS is a US version. For US version of DS, the changed dipping angle cannot be saved. This is specified in the US version of manual. If you are in the US, then I don't know what could have caused it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Road Tiger - Is your DS a non-US/NA version? According to the UK version of the owner's manual, the angle of the dipping can be adjusted and saved, I am guessing you might have accidentally adjusted and save the angle for the driver side mirror? (I have heard that LR later removed this feature from all markets, but I am not sure).

However, that option is unavailable if your DS is a US version. For US version of DS, the changed dipping angle cannot be saved. This is specified in the US version of manual. If you are in the US, then I don't know what could have caused it.
Hi, how do I find out if it's US version or not?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2015 HSE Lux. Both my mirrors dip when I back up. I had to turn on the option in settings (which I discovered by accident a couple days after getting car). Sounds like you already have the setting turned on. My understanding is that both mirrors are supposed to dip.
That's what I think too and it makes more sense. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess my 2016 LUX is US version, tried to memory save the dipped down position when the reverse gear is selected, it didn't work at the end. Manhattan LR dealership mechanics cannot fix the problem. I'm out of hope

·
Registered
139 Posts
I guess my 2016 LUX is US version, tried to memory save the dipped down position when the reverse gear is selected, it didn't work at the end. Manhattan LR dealership mechanics cannot fix the problem. I'm out of hope
Since you live in the US, I am pretty sure yours is a US version.

In the UK manual, it says:
"The exact dipped position can be adjusted while the mirrors are dipped:
  1. With the ignition on, select Reverse (R).
  2. With the mirror adjust controls, adjust to the desired dip position.
  3. Select Neutral (N). This will store your setting for future use.
The next time Reverse (R) is selected, the newly adjusted position will be selected."

I had tried many times but it never worked for my DS. The newer edition of the owner's manual updated with this:
"The dipped position of the mirrors is a preset position. In R, the mirrors can be adjusted, but the new position cannot be saved."

I guess we are all out of luck.

·
Registered
258 Posts

I had tried many times but it never worked for my DS. The newer edition of the owner's manual updated with this:
"The dipped position of the mirrors is a preset position. In R, the mirrors can be adjusted, but the new position cannot be saved."

My latest problem with the mirrors is that I'll save the position of the driver's side (for driving; not dipping). When I reverse, the mirror dips, but it doesn't always come back to the last position. I noticed it again today but when I selected my memory position button the mirror moved slightly. This time, though, when I back up, it seemed to go to the memory position. I've changed my settings on the driver's mirror multiple times, but only by a fraction, and it doesn't seem to stick. Maybe it's the return to the previous position after dipping that doesn't work? I'm going to keep testing this. I have a list of issues for the dealer and will probably have to add this one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

In the UK manual, it says:
"The exact dipped position can be adjusted while the mirrors are dipped:
  1. With the ignition on, select Reverse (R).
  2. With the mirror adjust controls, adjust to the desired dip position.
  3. Select Neutral (N). This will store your setting for future use.
The next time Reverse (R) is selected, the newly adjusted position will be selected."

I will try selecting N gear after adjusted the mirror for one more time, thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My latest problem with the mirrors is that I'll save the position of the driver's side (for driving; not dipping). When I reverse, the mirror dips, but it doesn't always come back to the last position. I noticed it again today but when I selected my memory position button the mirror moved slightly. This time, though, when I back up, it seemed to go to the memory position. I've changed my settings on the driver's mirror multiple times, but only by a fraction, and it doesn't seem to stick. Maybe it's the return to the previous position after dipping that doesn't work? I'm going to keep testing this. I have a list of issues for the dealer and will probably have to add this one.
Hope LR mechanics will research more about the Disco Sport and have solutions for us in the near future

·
Registered
258 Posts

My US manual has the same wording as the UK manual. I have not tried setting the dip position, but I might try later to see if it works. Probably not, but I'll try anyway. ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts