Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a little trip up to Grouse Ridge for some hiking. Here’s a couple pics and a vid from the top..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Great shots! What's the trail like?
Thanks!
The trail is a pretty easily navigated, but twisty forest service road. It’s about 4 miles up from the pavement, with a few deep ruts and some sandy areas. Really the only “difficulty” there is is how rocky and jarring it is due to having the 20” wheels and lower profile tires.

I’m still tempted to get some smaller wheels and bigger rubber, but I do tend to push this thing hard into corners on pavement, which is 80-90% of my driving. So for now I just try to take it a little slower and take deep breaths when some stupid bump tries to rattle my fillings out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks!
The trail is a pretty easily navigated, but twisty forest service road. It’s about 4 miles up from the pavement, with a few deep ruts and some sandy areas. Really the only “difficulty” there is is how rocky and jarring it is due to having the 20” wheels and lower profile tires.

I’m still tempted to get some smaller wheels and bigger rubber, but I do tend to push this thing hard into corners on pavement, which is 80-90% of my driving. So for now I just try to take it a little slower and take deep breaths when some stupid bump tries to rattle my fillings out.

Sounds cool. I always worried about the road tires on trails. So I have the converse problem to you: good on trails but tons of roll when I throw it into a corner on the street. (With plenty of visibilty, run out and no other cars, of course.)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where is Grouse Ridge?
Lat/Long is 39.386204,-120.612399

I see you’re out in the bay.. if you take 80 East towards Truckee, get off at exit 161 (Hwy 20 towards Grass Valley), then turn right onto Bowman Rd, take that up to Grouse Ridge Rd, and just follow it all the way to the top.

There’s a campground at the top, but also tons of open wilderness, TONS of little lakes all around there, and plenty of other stuff to see up there, too... like Emerald Pools on Bowman Rd.

Gonna be a bit rough up there with the snow now, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts