Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dropped off the Disco for service (5 factory recall campaigns + 2 my complaints) and got a loaner - here's the original thread:
http://www.discoverysport.net/forum/discovery-sport-recalls-service-bulletin/8665-warranty-repair-service-list-long-but-evoque-loaner-great.html

Nice Evoque loaner to drive around while it's being serviced, I get a call from my service advisor who said their porter/valet person backed the Disco into a high ledged wall causing damage to the upper spoiler/3rd brake light.

Their insurance is taking care of the body work and repairs.

So in the meantime at least I get to drive their loaner which is pretty nice: faster off the line performance, excellent sporty seats, awesome Meridian audio system, better navigation (reliable 100%), and nimble/torquey drive....

Will update on when I get her back repaired.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh man, suks for you... As you may recall my dealership dented the roof when they put on the roof rails, took about two weeks and an Aston Martin guy to fix that. Then another time they popped a tire on a concrete parking block when the valet was bringing the car up to the front after a service. Luckily I hadn't arrived yet and they told me never mind and to come back a little later that day LOL. They made good on all of it and the roof repair was 99.9% - I can tell but no one else can really see it. Hopefully your repairs will be as satisfactory.

BTW in case you missed it, my LRDS is now at 45k miles so I ordered a new one for delivery in February. I do not want to drive one of these things without a full warranty and the extended warranties don't seem to cover as much. Current vehicle will be 20 months old at that time and I expect it will have turned over the 50k mark by then. Looking forward to is as I have ordered a few of the new option goodies on it that I don't have on this one. It will also be Aintree Green this time which also wasn't available when I ordered my first LRDS.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the Ainteree Green myself!

I was looking at the green with tan interior (very British color combo) but it was equipped more than what I wanted at that time but now looking back I should have pulled the trigger on it.

Have you looked at the new full size Discovery ? That one replaces the LR4 and looks much more like our DS....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep Aintree Green with Ivory, also went with the Ebony liner - think that will be a cool look with the darker paint color.

Haven't looked seriously at the new Discovery. Don't think it will be available in time anyway? Also probably a bit bigger than I would like - that is one I will want to see in person and maybe even test drive before I get tempted to get into the first year of a new model with LR again...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow that stinks, at least they're fixing it and you have a fun rental in the meantime. When you get it back, make sure everything is lined up perfectly, seam to seam.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Love the Ainteree Green myself!

I was looking at the green with tan interior (very British color combo) but it was equipped more than what I wanted at that time but now looking back I should have pulled the trigger on it.

Have you looked at the new full size Discovery ? That one replaces the LR4 and looks much more like our DS....
LOVE the new big Disco! They did and awesome job on it.
Cant sit to see the new Defender. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
accidents happen, we understand that, but this will be listed on any history doc for the vehicle, which adds a pita element to the sale if you ever decide to sell it via private sell.

so are they replacing the spoiler completely or are they fixing it by doing body work? i would at least demand a whole new part be installed. and with todays very unique paint systems and colors make sure whatever paint they re-spray looks right day and in night. i had a acura TL that was black in day but had deep blue hue at night. someone tapped my rear bumper, body shopped fixed and re-sprayed the bumper, looked awesome during the day, but at night with other car lights shining onto the rear bumper the bumper itself was just black while the rest of the car was a deep blue, so it was obvious. my shop had to run 3 additional spray tests on spare parts they had before redoing my bumper.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
accidents happen, we understand that, but this will be listed on any history doc for the vehicle, which adds a pita element to the sale if you ever decide to sell it via private sell.

so are they replacing the spoiler completely or are they fixing it by doing body work? i would at least demand a whole new part be installed. and with todays very unique paint systems and colors make sure whatever paint they re-spray looks right day and in night. i had a acura TL that was black in day but had deep blue hue at night. someone tapped my rear bumper, body shopped fixed and re-sprayed the bumper, looked awesome during the day, but at night with other car lights shining onto the rear bumper the bumper itself was just black while the rest of the car was a deep blue, so it was obvious. my shop had to run 3 additional spray tests on spare parts they had before redoing my bumper.
Very good idea!

Yes, they replaced the entire rear spoiler and the rear pillars (black plastics).

The car was just returned after 25 days in the shop!

Dealer detailed the car inside and out which made the car feel like new again!;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts