Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
for a guy who just bought this car 2 weeks ago, its pretty upsetting to watch. This is bullshit i love this car
CR is not something I take credibility with. CR has fallen of by the side many years ago when I noticed lot of bias towards companies that pay them...

I love my Discovery Sport and that's from a person who has had 4 BMWs prior!:eek:
Every time I drive my DS, I smile -> :D

I think CR and AutoGuide.com are smoking that green stuff lately ....

·
Registered
588 Posts
I disagree with you guys. I think CR is one of the few remaining bastions of neutrality when it comes to consumer advice. Most others are completely corporate controlled or influenced. JD Powers is a joke. CR doesn't always get it right and I sometimes disagree with them, but I would never wonder if they're partial or biased.

CR uses a certain methodology, they look for certain features (look at the Tesla AEB debacle lately) and score a certain way that reduce bias and make all their reviews fully comparable. I understand why they give that score to the DS. Let's all be frank here, the DS doesn't handle or respond like an X3, it doesn't have the cargo room of a Rav4, it doesn't have the seats of an XC60 and it doesn't have the fit and finish of a GLC. I still wouldn't have bought any of those cars, even though, objectively speaking, all of them excel over the DS in certain areas.

I love the overall package that the DS provides. I love the design, the controls and the interior room - I wouldn't trade it for any other car right now. However, I'm also not blind to its flaws, and when you test cars a certain way like CR does, I understand that the DS can end up at the bottom.

It just goes to show that you need to get your information from multiple sources and the ultimate source you should rely on is yourself. Do the extended test drive, test all the competitors and make up your own mind.
Umm I don't know how you or CR get your info but have you actually driven a RAV4, X3, and XC60 ?
Ever wonder they drive like crap ?

FWD

Yup, all the cars are FWD and drive with torque steer. Not to mention they are sloppy steering, soft suspension, and awful off road drive dynamics. Test drive them yourself and compare....

I came from owning 6 BMWs in the past 18 years and have to say they were great when they had the E series chassis. As soon as the new F series chassis came along, they all fell to $hit. Matter of fact, when my E70 X5 was being traded in, the BMW dealer had me try their X3/X4 as well as their 535 - they drove like crap. Dealer was smart enough to know that the new current X5 (F15) would not be satisfying because I preferred hydraulic steering over this new current electric steering...

When I got the DS, I compared cars, I was looking for an exciting car (not a boring BMW, Toyota or Volvo) - I did find one other brand that was top on my list: Porsche.
The Porsche Macan S was my top pick while the Land Rover came in second. They both had 4WD torque vectoring that kept you connected while accelerating around a corner. Try to do that with a FWD Toyota or Volvo that will either flip over of skid out of control!

Could not afford the price of the Porsche Macan S with the $5,000 PTV (torque vectoring) option kicking the price tag to $65K.

The Discovery has built in standard torque vectoring which suited my driving needs, plus 4WD traction as soon as put your foot on the accelerator!

I"m sold on the DS.:D

My next Land Rover product will be the Range Rover Velar or full sized Discovery - I am a convert!>:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts