Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
so has anybody on these forums ever filled closed to 18.5 gallons in their fuel tank before? If yes, that should answer my question . . . thanks.
Not me. Like others have reported I can only squeeze about 15 gallons in when my fuel gauge appears to be almost completely empty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for your reply, Phil. Looks like you have never gone in to have it fixed, though, correct?
That's correct - have not yet gone in to have it fixed. I plan to do so, however, in the next few weeks and also have them address the rattle in the back seat. Will report back after fuel gauge issue is addressed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay, here's an update: Just had the software patch installed to address the fuel calibration issue. Per my previous post, I like others could only squeeze about 15 gallons in when my distance to empty was approaching zero.

Today - after the fix, my message center indicated I had approximately 23 miles to empty (about 1 gallon) when I stopped for fuel. I was able to put 16.5 gallons in to fill it. So, 16.5 gallons filled plus the approximate 1 gallon that I still had makes 17.5 gallons resulting in a reserve after the message center indicates empty of 1 gallon (18.5 gallon total capacity). I am happy with the fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts