Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
I acquired DS 3 weeks ago and so far I love it. Moving from Audi and then BMW I really, really like LR... but again time will show, especially Canadian winter....
Very similar history here - came from Japanese, BMW, Mercedes and now Land Rover.

With all the recent new models with softer and softer steering and suspension, it's nice to find a crossover that steers well with feedback, handles nicely off road, and the suspension is taut enough to feel the road.

It's a shame that all the new BMWs and Mercs are suffering from "mini van for soccer moms" driving...

Reactions: Jsquared

·
Registered
588 Posts
May I ask, were these experiences with winter tyres or all (no) seasons? We're in the PNW however traverse the Rockies & Cascades regularly. Our LR3 with winters was The Benchmark navigating closed roads etc. I am debating whether DS warrants fancy winters or not. Thanks.

Oh, back to the OP. I just noticed Stop Start stopped!
LR traction systems are definitely the best in all terrain navigation. This is something the competition can't copy with the sub par part time AWD (Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, Merc, BMW, etc). LR makes the best full time 4WD traction that does not work part time.

Winter tires do make a huge difference in traction and allows me to drive past the chain up road pullouts by telling the state trooper that I have 4WD and winter studless tires when it snows.

I am in the Southwest and it does not snow at all but when I travel to high altitudes areas during the winter, it's nice to see that the LR outperforms the competition when it comes to traction on snow. I see Audis, Mercs, BMWs all having to chain up because their traction control is less than LR and slips out...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts