Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
First post here! I can relate. We're 5000km into '17 DS HSE Lux. We left LR when we turned in our LR3 HSE V8 back in 2010 due to reliability post warranty, servicing costs, and we were worried about the air suspension. 7 years trouble free with Toyota and Acura and yet here were are. The DS is unique in it's class for many reasons. For us it's size, styling. We looked at RDX, Q5, GLC, XC60, All Road, Highlander Hybrid, CX9, Atlas. It depends on your priorities. I would perhaps wait for the new gen engines or nicer multi media. For the 37 remaining months we'll have our DS, reliability isn't a deal breaker. If we get a Disco Diesel, well heck! Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
May I ask, were these experiences with winter tyres or all (no) seasons? We're in the PNW however traverse the Rockies & Cascades regularly. Our LR3 with winters was The Benchmark navigating closed roads etc. I am debating whether DS warrants fancy winters or not. Thanks.

Oh, back to the OP. I just noticed Stop Start stopped!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ahh OK thank you. I hear you on the snow tires. As skiers we tend to drive, erm, enthusiastically and tragically, good skiing conditions equate to adventurous driving conditions. Problem with all (no) seasons is braking. I was trying to discern if I needed anything more than Blizzaks, I'm guessing not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts