Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
DISCOVERY SPORT R-DYNAMIC SE P300e (2021)
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

I am new to DiscoverySport.net

I have recently placed an order for a R-Dynamic SE P300e and wondered if anyone on here has one? Is so, please post some pics and spec. Also, how has it been?
Does it meet / exceed your expectations or are you underwhelmed by it?

I test drove one at a dealer in Inverness and it was superb! Super quiet, responsive and had so much to offer with it's power! I walked away totally amazed by it and it even convinced me it was time to get rid of my thirsty Volkswagen Golf GTI Performance!!

Any information is appreciated - I'll post pictures of it's arrival in March, hopefully there are no / minimal delays.

Many Thanks,
Bruce.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The car is awesome, I've got it Dec 3rd (it's a LHD MY20.5 S with a few extras), I have done about 1500km and still there is gas in the tank (I filled it just once on the delivery day...but my commute is like 40-50km home-work-home and I do have a portable charger for the work charge if needed), my previous car was an Audi Q3 2.0 TDI 184hp Quattro great car but this one ticks all the boxes - spacious, well built, fast enough if needed, smart size, torque from 0 RPM on EV drive when in city, super quite (even with engine on) and very comfortable ride. Have not done any off road yet but looks 100% capable like a true Land Rover - when you selected an off road program engine works together with EV motor to achieve 4x4 capability.
It charges very fast (1.5h+ aprox on a 7Kw home charger and in about 3+ hours on the portable 3.2Kw) and it's got a full tank spec (vs other PHEVs that have smaller tanks) so less stops if you decide to take a long trip. The actual EV range I'm getting is about 40Km on average with normal driving in the city and suburbs; on full charge I have seen estimated ranges from 44-52Km.Outside temp does not seem to make a big diferrence, driving style affects the EV range more.
Canot find anything to complain so far :) you will love it for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Afternoon,

I am new to DiscoverySport.net

I have recently placed an order for a R-Dynamic SE P300e and wondered if anyone on here has one? Is so, please post some pics and spec. Also, how has it been?
Does it meet / exceed your expectations or are you underwhelmed by it?

I test drove one at a dealer in Inverness and it was superb! Super quiet, responsive and had so much to offer with it's power! I walked away totally amazed by it and it even convinced me it was time to get rid of my thirsty Volkswagen Golf GTI Performance!!

Any information is appreciated - I'll post pictures of it's arrival in March, hopefully there are no / minimal delays.

Many Thanks,
Bruce.
Hi had one for 2 months comes with fast charge cable, but as I live in North Wales no fast ones near me, because of covid can't fit one either. Asked landrover for cable for p300e to no avail not even one listed on their website!
So at moment to charge I shop at tescos which is 9 miles away
Totally fed up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The car is awesome, I've got it Dec 3rd (it's a LHD MY20.5 S with a few extras), I have done about 1500km and still there is gas in the tank (I filled it just once on the delivery day...but my commute is like 40-50km home-work-home and I do have a portable charger for the work charge if needed), my previous car was an Audi Q3 2.0 TDI 184hp Quattro great car but this one ticks all the boxes - spacious, well built, fast enough if needed, smart size, torque from 0 RPM on EV drive when in city, super quite (even with engine on) and very comfortable ride. Have not done any off road yet but looks 100% capable like a true Land Rover - when you selected an off road program engine works together with EV motor to achieve 4x4 capability.
It charges very fast (1.5h+ aprox on a 7Kw home charger and in about 3+ hours on the portable 3.2Kw) and it's got a full tank spec (vs other PHEVs that have smaller tanks) so less stops if you decide to take a long trip. The actual EV range I'm getting is about 40Km on average with normal driving in the city and suburbs; on full charge I have seen estimated ranges from 44-52Km.Outside temp does not seem to make a big diferrence, driving style affects the EV range more.
Canot find anything to complain so far :) you will love it for sure.
Hi,
I got my Disco Sport phev last week. Very nice car. But I wonder about the autonomy and the effect of the very cold days we faced. I got my car from the dealer with 52 km of autonomy. Since then, it decreased every day. The announced autonomy after full recharge was 40 km this morning and we were able to drive 28-30km on EV. The temperature tonight was around 3°C whereas it was until -8°C last week. Is that something you faced also after more usage ?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I got my Disco Sport phev last week. Very nice car. But I wonder about the autonomy and the effect of the very cold days we faced. I got my car from the dealer with 52 km of autonomy. Since then, it decreased every day. The announced autonomy after full recharge was 40 km this morning and we were able to drive 28-30km on EV. The temperature tonight was around 3°C whereas it was until -8°C last week. Is that something you faced also after more usage ?
Thank you.
EV consumption avg is much more accurate than petrol/diesel. When I got mine it had 55Km then it dropped gradually to 41Km then it started to go back up. After 2600Km I'm getting after a full recharge an estimated range of 48-50Km.
My avg true range is somewhere between 38-40Km depending mainly on the driving style and load (steep ascents etc).
Most of these figures are with temperatures between 14-18 celcius.
Today is the first day we get snow and temps below 5 C so I will see what happens, but still I do not expect significant deviations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Apart from inability to use timed charging (in 95% of cases it won't wait but will charge immediately), and a problem that computer sometimes just won't turn on ;), great car. I already plan on sueing the company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.