Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new discovery sport is 3 months old, NAV system would not store HOME, or any saved destination. I never knew one moment to the next when the NAV system would be functioning. Sometimes the data was there, more often than not it would not be. I have been dealing with this since buying the Sport model for tree months with the Princeton dealership who basically cannot do anything about the issue. They said they were waiting for a patch from the big boys in England. My vehicle was in service for a month with absolutely no progress. They now want me to bring back the loaner, and use the defective vehicle until a patch can be formulated. I am exhausted from dealing with this on a daily basis. I want my money back, my contract torn up, or a new model without any issues. Land Rover knew of NAV issues before I purchased in some of their Discovery Sport models, but I was not told anything! I have filed in Lemon stays in NJ and am awaiting a date for a court hearing. I would not buy from Land Rover again-- their business decisions are obviously to make me wait for an unknown amount of time, while paying for a new vehicle is stupid and cheap!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear that you may have gotten a lemon and hope you can resolve this as soon as possible. I do understand that cars these days are so complicated, the systems may have a bug here and there upon release but it still stinks when you get that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
For the Navigation System, have you tried a Reset? This will clear all data and hopefully renew the system: General Settings > System Settings > Delete All Personal Data

(You've got nothing to lose since nothing was retained. Sorry for the pun.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear that you may have gotten a lemon and hope you can resolve this as soon as possible. I do understand that cars these days are so complicated, the systems may have a bug here and there upon release but it still stinks when you get that.
I have discussed Lemon status with lawyers, only about 1/10 cases are awarded by a judge-- so it is a waste of time-- the lady who did win needed the NAV system for her living-- real estate agent etc etc.

However, I called an Lemon Law attorney-- for NJ--they said that I have a clear strong issue against Land Rover involving the warranty. The most attractive point was that their services are absolutely free to any individual they represent-- no cost whatsoever to you the mistreated. They get paid by Land Rover and it looks from talking to others many settlements end quickly out of court. The law offices get paid by LAND ROVER directly.

It is my only option left after having to deal with this on my own for months now. This is easy to look into, requires little time investment, your case is examined by the law offices for potential to win-- and then you sit back and let Land Rover deal with them.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Watching U.S. TV I see hundreds of ads for lawyers ready to sue anyone for no charge to the client "unless we win" and in the small print client is responsible for all costs. Not sure how it works where you live, but by suing will it stop you from having contact with Land Rover over the problem?

Small problem I had with the NAV was easily fixed by the latest patch

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Watching U.S. TV I see hundreds of ads for lawyers ready to sue anyone for no charge to the client "unless we win" and in the small print client is responsible for all costs. Not sure how it works where you live, but by suing will it stop you from having contact with Land Rover over the problem?

Small problem I had with the NAV was easily fixed by the latest patch
Thanks, taking legal action now. JLRNA has head in sand over so many issues, reading how they have been treating people with clear issues is disgusting. I typed in Lemon Law attorneys in NJ-- many came up. Actions are all free! They get paid by the companies they pursue if they win. Mine are keenly interested. Spending more time now sending in what they need to pursue against JLRNA: registration, lease or sales agreement, lien holder , communications, all dislogue, and any remarks which may aid in the case. More time spent but now feel it is in my interest. Been four months dealing with managers, corporate types, service people all ignoring and basically saying suck it up, your problem now. Will never lease another Land Rover again, very unhappy with my treatment and company values and ethics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts