Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New here but want some feed back on the discovery sport. I want one but I am a buy and hold car kind of guy. So buy a car like every 10 yrs. Will a discovery sport go 200k miles? Any long term owners out there that can comment?

·
Registered
44 Posts
With proper maintenance, I would think you should be able to get 200K miles out of a Discovery Sport. With European cars, maintenance is the key. Don’t let small repairs turn into big ones and you should be fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The diesel engines should be fine, transmissions and DPF/CAT type issues are more likely. I'd expect a few expensive replacement parts in that time but overall should be OK. They're not Toyotas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It depends on how many miles you do per year, for example it would take me roughly 20 years for that kind of distance. You really have to stay on top of your maintenance and drive with care. However, Land Rovers are not known for their reliability; it comes with the territory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The latest rovers with the Ingenium engine dont seem to like short urban cold engine journeys and the service schedule is very much reduced with this ‘style’ of driving. So your higher mileage could well suit these engines. They are a great drive, good looking with a feel good factor. I’d recommend 👍🏼

·
Registered
1 Posts
With proper maintenance, I would think you should be able to get 200K miles out of a Discovery Sport. With European cars, maintenance is the key. Don’t let small repairs turn into big ones and you should be fine.
Please, these cars are British not European.

European cars are BMW, Audi, Mercedes, VW, Seat etc

My friend's Discovery 2.0 blew up after cam chain failure at 70k. The V6's cant handle a remap and break their cranks even in standard levels of tune. So I don't regard them as reliable.

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
729 Posts
When we bought our cars they where European Union, but the Uk is still in in Europe but I guess they are actually Indian cars LOL

TaTa for now LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts