Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New here but want some feed back on the discovery sport. I want one but I am a buy and hold car kind of guy. So buy a car like every 10 yrs. Will a discovery sport go 200k miles? Any long term owners out there that can comment?

·
Super Moderator
511 Posts
Hmmm that works out to be 320000 km and with my average I will not reach that for 25 to 30 years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
With proper maintenance, I would think you should be able to get 200K miles out of a Discovery Sport. With European cars, maintenance is the key. Don’t let small repairs turn into big ones and you should be fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The diesel engines should be fine, transmissions and DPF/CAT type issues are more likely. I'd expect a few expensive replacement parts in that time but overall should be OK. They're not Toyotas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It depends on how many miles you do per year, for example it would take me roughly 20 years for that kind of distance. You really have to stay on top of your maintenance and drive with care. However, Land Rovers are not known for their reliability; it comes with the territory.

·
Super Moderator
511 Posts
It depends on how many miles you do per year, for example it would take me roughly 20 years for that kind of distance.
Thought it was only me who drove so little LOL. Probably in 20 years we will not be able to buy gas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The latest rovers with the Ingenium engine dont seem to like short urban cold engine journeys and the service schedule is very much reduced with this ‘style’ of driving. So your higher mileage could well suit these engines. They are a great drive, good looking with a feel good factor. I’d recommend 👍🏼

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thought it was only me who drove so little LOL. Probably in 20 years we will not be able to buy gas.
It’s not my primary vehicle, mostly used for long family trips and on weekends. The plan is to make it last 15 year or 150,000 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts