Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im planning to buy a disco sports 2017, and one of the upgrade im want is the incontrol touch pro + incontrol connectivity pro to have a wireless hotspot inside the car.. now my question can i stream movies or media that is inside my disco to an ipad via wireless? i dont want to upgrade to 2 rear display system instead i just want to use the ipad i have now to stream movies and music from the media files inside the built in 10gb storage or usb disk connected.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes and no - depends a lot on variables you would have to find out.

From my experience with Cadillac and Audi wireless hotspots in the car will depend on the cellular connection you have and whether it supports 4G data speeds.

You need to check with Land Rover to see which carrier they use, what data speeds are contracted to use, and what type of cellular signal you have in your area with that carrier.

In my DS, I occasionally use my cell phone as a hot spot to connect to my laptop at times but I use it for emails and web surfing. I don't use the hot spot that much to warrant paying a monthly fee for the car wifi service....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts