Discovery Sport Forum banner

Disco Sport with Magneride?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ranging 
#1 ·
Dear Forum colleagues,

As a father of a young kid (2.5 y/old), i'm looking for the most comfortable suspension option in our upcoming Disco Sport (to be ordered)...
I've tested out the standard Disco without Magneride, and the ride is fine in open roads outside the city, but quite bumpy inside the city and over "normal" roads.

Theoretically, the Magneride dampers should offer the comfort i'm looking for, esp. in urban environments and over mal-constructed roads and pot-holes. Does any one have first-hand experience with Magneride (as a test drive, or even better as his/her own Disco Sport), to confirm if my expectations are correct? Should i order DS with Magneride?

Thank you in advance,
Paris

#2 ·
The magnetic ride dampening system is common on the higher trim: Cadillac and Corvette from GM.

I have tested the GM versions and have to say they do allow for variable shock absorption which I feel is important when driving.

I think the combination of the Magneride and Torque Vectoring features on the Disco would be the best in tight curve handling and on road use.

The Magneride is an option I would choose because yes, the ride is quite bumpy in the city rough roads we have here in Southern California.

I have an early 2016 model that did not have this option but in a year or two, when I start looking for a replacement, I will be looking specifically for the Magenride option.

I do not plan on keeping the car longer than 3-4 years as the cost for repairs on these highly complicated systems can become cost prohibitive.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.