Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to get a new car and I'm in a bit of a pickle. Though I was leaning towards the Disco, I was just offered an amazing lease deal on a Q5.

Disco - HSE, 18" black package, audio, climate
Q5 - 2.0 Premium Plus + tech pack (all the bells & whistles), 19" wheels.

MSRP of the Q5 is about $900 more, yet the monthly lease payment is about $100 less than the Disco - which is significant considering the cars' sticker price is close.

My question, if anyone has had experience with both, is the Disco worth the extra $100/mo (USD)? Or should I pounce on the good value Q5 and be done with it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Be careful on mileage allowances between lease contracts. I do 10K miles a year just going to work and back... miles to visit Mom and family parties, and vacationing, etc would put me beyond the lease mileage limits. So buying was a better option for me vs being hit with "over miles" charges. Check your insurance and possible fuel expense costs too. The Disco Sport has a little more Ground clearance (matters if you drive in snow or go Off Roading), more cargo capacity, more front & rear seat head room... = to me more comfy interior and better for long road trips.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I opted to go with the Disco. Just didn't want to settle. :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thank you. I opted to go with the Disco. Just didn't want to settle. :)
Good choice! Show us your new Disco !!!!:)

I cross shopped a Q5 and found that I was not happy with the ride quality - both steering and suspension on the Audi Q5 2.0 or 3.0.

The 2.0 never had the option to change your ride quality (Audi Select) and the 3.0 didn't really do much in terms of stiffening up the steering and suspension - it was more for the throttle response & transmission shift points.

I also looked at other brands and found the same issue (sloppy light steering) on the Mercedes GLE, BMW X4 & X5, Infiniti & Lexus.

The only other brand that actually felt right was the Porsche Macan S but the price was out of my league especially after configuring it with the expensive PATV (Porsche Active Torque Vectoring) option.

The Discovery had the best of the feel, drive, steering, suspension, and built in standard: Torque Vectoring by braking feature!;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is that the Corris Grey? I've got the Waitomo Grey and it's hard to tell when it's in the shade as it looks like the Corris Grey in the shade but more of a gunmetal when in the sun. I love the black rims. Wish mine had them.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, Corris Grey with the black package (18" wheels). I think the 19s and 20s look a little better, but I'm not complaining. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice choice! That's exactly mine, except I went with 19s. Disco HSE with Black Pack in Corris Grey.

I also looked at the Q5, but it didn't have the option for a 3rd row, which I got in my Disco. Also, they're completely redesigning it for next year and the Disco looks way better than the current Q5.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts