Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a a great Kayaking trip a few weeks ago. My wife got most of the pics on her phone but it got damaged...I did grab a few good ones on my phone.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!
Well, we have not purchased our own Kayaks yet. We plan to next year so we have not got that far yet. We went down and rented Kayaks for this trip and we have a season pass to our boathouse district (River Sport Adventures) and we get to use their Kayaks any time.

But we do want our own and will be looking at rack options.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Renting boats is a great option, try as many different boats as you can, it's so nice when you get a boat that fits.

I have the glass roof so I'm going to go for the factory rails and cross bars, to mount the kayaks I'm planning on using j stackers so I can get at least two boats up there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Landrover makes an Aqua sports carrier that is nice. It is not advertised correctly as it mentions it can hold surfboards... It is for a kayak or canoe and tilts for loading.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anybody used the Land Rover Aqua Sports carrier? By the looks of it, it will only hold one boat, but I'd like to know if it will hold more than one.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the low profile Rola bars and I see lots of the J carriers around here. So I'm leaning towards that set up. We will have our own boats by next Spring so I've got more time to look around.

Right now we are looking at getting an Emotion Spitfire 9 for my wife and a Spitfire 12 for my daughter and myself. That 12 is going to be a lot of boat on the roof, I hope it works out OK.

A quick look at the Auqua Carriers shows that it only carries one thing at a time. Can't have that! LOL!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did a search on line and found this, I know it shows it on an Evoque but will it fit the discovery?

Aqua Sports Carrier - 2 Kayaks

Carries two kayaks or canoes. Also suitable for transporting crafts such as surfboards or small boats. Includes lockable multi-purpose holder to carry paddles. Tilts to facilitate easy loading/unloading. Not applicable for Convertible. Roof rails and cross bars are required for all Land Rover roof mounted accessories.
Part Number:VPLWR0099

found it on the Land Rover UK site and it shows the same part number fits the Discovery

·
Registered
311 Posts
The Land Rover "Acqua Sports Carrier" as it is sold now does not look like the pic of the Evoque above. I purchased it and it is not as advertised. I checked and the part no. was correct. It is two u shaped holders that tilt for easy loading of one vessel. It also comes with two holders for your oar(s). I bought it for the surfboard ability which it does not have. I am not certain if the 099 model is still available or sold.

VPLGR0107 Aqua Sports Carrier transports one surfboard, sailboard, canoe or kayak. Includes lockable multi-purpose holder to carry a mast, oars or paddles. Tilts to facilitate easy loading/unloading. Maximum payload 99lb.**

Aqua Sports Carrier ? VPLWR0099 The Aqua Sports Carrier ? Two Kayaks transports up to two kayaks or canoes. Also suitable for transporting crafts such as surfboards or small boats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts