Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So I've just read that initially the Disco Sport will use the 2.2L diesel from the freelander until Wolverhampton can ramp up production of the 2.0 Ingenium diesel which will eventually supplant the twotwo....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Didn't realize there would even be a diesel engine. What great news. Will the diesel be the base engine, or will it be a petrol engine?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I've read this morning the Disco will launch initially with diesels as the exclusive powerplant.

the 2.2 turbodiesel making 187 bhp and a smaller 150 bhp eD4 diesel in the FWD only Discovery's

·
Registered
284 Posts
You figure that if they do go forward with the Evoque diesel, a Disco Sport diesel could happen too. I imagine that they would monitor the Evoque diesel's success first before they bring a diesel over for the Disco Sport too. One step at a time.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You figure that if they do go forward with the Evoque diesel, a Disco Sport diesel could happen too. I imagine that they would monitor the Evoque diesel's success first before they bring a diesel over for the Disco Sport too. One step at a time.
They should. A Disco Sport Diesel should be a priority for them from how I see it. Being a volume model, the Disco sport needs it, or at least can benefit from it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What does it matter if the Disco Sport is a volume model or not?
That seems pretty obvious to me...

If it a volume model the goal is... volume... how do you get volume? sell more. How do you sell more? Give the people what they want. How do you know what they want? Doesn't matter, just tell them. Its mercantilism. sell it and they will buy. Its a Land Rover...

they're more likely to invest into a volume model as it will amortise at a quicker rate than a low volume project.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts