Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Snowman - I think you'll be pleased. I know there are niggling issues (like with any modern car and all the electronics). I really wish it had a normally aspirated 6 cylinder instead of the turbo 4 cyl., but once you get used to it, and the transmission "learns" your driving style it's not bad - it can get up and move for a relatively heavy vehicle (compared to sedans). I had a Mazda CX-7 with turbo - and the DS is much better.

I'm sure you have seen many complaints of various issues - but that's the whole point of the forum, in addition to learning some of the intricacies. After all, people aren't going to write into the forum stating how wonderful the car is and that they have no problems - we want a shoulder to cry on when bad things happen:(

Good luck - red was my first choice, but love the Corris Grey of mine as well...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks. I like the engine so far and the turbo lag is fairly small. Perhaps they improved it with the ingenium engines (I've never driven 2017 or earlier models). I don't have anything to say about the transmission either - seems to be working properly. Hope it will keep doing that :). Now planning a longer drive over the weekend - heading to Lake Tahoe for a ski weekend, so there is going to be a plenty of opportunity to properly test the car.

I totally understand what you mean by the forums - after all I've been following forums on our other cars and it is similar elsewhere. Still wondering how DS will turn out over time - our other cars are Toyota RAV4 and Mazda RX8. With RAV4 we experienced a bunch of issues - some of them fixed during the warranty period (radio not working, oil leak from a transmission) and some of them happened way later. I guess the most significant ones are - another transmission leak (it was minimal, didn't fix it, the transmission is still ok 50k miles later) and then an extensive oil consumption - this one was interesting - Toyota acknowledged it was a manufacturing defect and they rebuilt the engine under warranty when the car was 10 years old and had 130k miles. I was really impressed by that move. In any case the point I'm trying to make - RAV4 is supposed to be one of the most reliable cars on the planet and yet it had significant issues (and there is more stuff discussed in RAV4 forums).

BTW funny you mention Corris Grey - it was my wife's first choice, but they had those only with almond interior or with a 3rd row seat (which we don't want, as I plan to use the car for light offroading and I want to put a full size spare in the trunk). So the other interesting color was red and here we go :).

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have had our 12 LR Evoque for over a year now. Not a single issue, which made us purchase our 16 LR DS HSE today. I turn wrenches so problems to me are usually pretty easy.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts