Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a Discovery Sports HSE Diesel which is not even 3 years Old and run just 66000 Kms. The vehicle was regularly serviced by JLR's authorized workshop without fail. The vehicle suffered a very dangerous engine failure on a lonely Highway passing through a dense forest. It disabled the vehicle in under 1 minute. There was smoke all over the car and inside of the car. Me and my family almost got choked by the fumes. I immediately stopped the vehicle and all of us exited the vehicle to save ourselves leaving everything inside the vehicle. I checked engine oil after 15 minutes when the smoke disappeared and found out that complete engine oil is gone and oil is dripping from both the exhaust tips. We took shelter in a small police post which was 200 mtrs away and contacted JLR and its RSA. Their response was pathetic and totally unexpected as they refuse to take the vehicle in evening time and we have to get the vehicle to a safe place to safeguard the same from wild animals like elephants. The vehicle was sent to JLR workshop next day by a trailer. The customer service response from both JLR India, JLR UK and the local authorized workshop have been totally pathetic. We have not given any information regarding the failure, no job cards, no reports of tests or even a courtesy car and it has been over a month. My daughter who cannot speak suffered a severe trauma because of the incident and it took us days to get her out of it. The JLR India customer service head was so inhumane that he told us that the engine exhaust is not life threatening and we would not have died! The complete experience with JLR, its vehicle which they sold us a reliable off roading vehicle for a hefty sum of money has been totally pathetic to the extent that I have to send them legal notices and now may be have to initiate a legal action. I have tried copying my emails to even JLR global CEO, who also didn't reply which was not the case with previous CEO. So please be careful while buying any JLR Vehicle as I think they have these kind of Manufacturing defects which can kill your entire family in one go. If the same thing would have happened on a high speed highway, the complete engine would have stalled within 3-4 seconds resulting in toppling or breaking the engine of the vehicle with us inside resulting in instant death for all of us!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts