Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone.
I need to cut the stock ditch covers to save my self spending hundreds of dollars buying them from JLR.

Looking for abit of guidance from anyone who has done this before? i assume i need an angle grinder.

Other questions i wanted to check
  • how did you measure up / mark where to cut? im thinking of placing the rails ontop of the ditch covers.. marking up .. then cut accordingly
  • did you need to file the edges? not sure how sharp these would be after cutting

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, ABD,

For thisinstallation, I would recommend you gather the base framework. This ordinarily includes associating the mount and crossbars so they can be put on your current raised rails.

Append the cinches to your vehicle's raised rail framework on the two sides, adhering to the producer's guidelines. The spot you position the braces relies upon the kind of rooftop rack you're introducing.

Mount the rail framework utilizing the appropriately situated cinches. Counsel your proprietor's manual for definite directions on utilizing your model.

Add accomplices to hold your hardware or freight. Most rooftop rack frameworks work with a wide range of hardware and load types with the right frill. Once more, adhere to the producer's directions while adding extras.

Test your rooftop rail by adding payload or hardware. A short, around trip, is regularly prescribed to ensure your mount is appropriately situated and reasonable for significant distance travel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for everyone else looking to do this ..
step 1.. get roof rails and place ontop of ditch covers - on a table or bench or any flat surface
step 2.. mark up the cutting lines on ditch covers with permanent marker or sharpie
step 3 .. using angle grinder.. cut off the ditch cover on said markings
step 4.. place modified ditch cover back on the ditch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts