Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Anybody get this CURT hitch to work on a Discovery Sport with 3rd row seats?

I am in the process of fitting this and have found that the hitch rests on the silencer/muffler boxes on both sides of the vehicle, which will not work.

Also I cannot refit the spare wheel below the car

Anybody tried this successfully?

Thanks,
KevLR
Did you ever get an answer re: fitting an aftermarket hitch (like Curt) to the Discovery Sport with the 3rd row seats? I'm looking to add one to my 2017. When I ordered it I selected the option for "Reduced Section Steel Spare Wheel With Accessory Tow Bar (5 + 2 Seats Only)"

·
Registered
7 Posts
This may work on a 2-row seat Discovery Sport, as 2-3 members of the Discover Forum have indicated, but it does not work on my 3rd Row seat version, despite assurances from the "technicians" at the company from whom I purchased it.

There would have to be major cuts/alterations made to the hitch otherwise it rests on the silencer/muffler boxes on each side.

There would very possibly have to be major cuts/alterations made to the body work bumper cover(s) in addition to the 2 slits mentioned in Step 17.

But there is the ridiculous situation with the spare wheel which makes this all impractical and thus totally unsatisfactory. With this hitch installed, the only wheel which will fit under there is the small, temporary tire/wheel which is only 6 ½ inches wide. There is a maximum gap there of 7 ½ inches so there no way that any other normal wheel will fit in there, let alone one of my 19 inch wheels at some 10 inches wide.

I sent it back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2016. Also, I just fitted the LR Hitch myself, $875 (incl shipping...gulp) but it does the job and you can fit any size wheel under there now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just had the Curt 13247 hitch installed and can confirm it does indeed fit on the 5+2 with the space-saver spare wheel.

I was aware of the need to make the 2 thin cuts on the bottom of the bumper per the installation instructions (shown in pictures and detailed installation video on the "etrailer" website [etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Curt/C13247.html).

Paid a local auto shop to install it (2 hours labour) and there were no surprises.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016. Also, I just fitted the LR Hitch myself, $875 (incl shipping...gulp) but it does the job and you can fit any size wheel under there now.

I have the 2016 Discovery Sport with 3rd row... I am also looking for a hitch that will work and can't find one anywhere..(other than $3500 at Landover dealer). What was the model that worked for you?? Part number would help also PLEASE!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts