Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,
I have 2016 discovery sport and my little girl has managed to push one of the rubber retaining boots through in the cup holder in the centre console nearest the USB port.
Does anyone know of how to best repair/ remove for repair or replacement?!

many thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has she inverted it or broken the rubber? If she has inverted it a suck cup from a windscreen mounted phone holder could pull it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She has pushed the rubber through, nothing broken other than the seal, I initially thought I would pull it through and reseal it but there isn't a grove to resit just a flat edge.
It is lose inside the plastic body, will try the suction cup, thank you. I am guessing I need to put some sort of glue on the edge so it will stick!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That sounds like a good plan. If it doesn't succeed you could always just remove the cupholder unit, and try pushing it back from the other side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have looked to see how to remove unit so I could fix it as slightly awkward whilst fixed into the centre console, if you know of any links that show me how to remove the unit the would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have to JLR workshop instructions on the console removal (attached) they outline how to take off the trim which the front cupholders are attached to. Just follow the steps to undo everything to the point where you can access the cup holder to push out the piece.

I have basically all of the Discovery Sport official workshop documents and service bulletins, so if anything else is needed send me a message and I'll probably have the document.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts