Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. The plastic cover encasing all the electrics in the boot door has come off. It happened after we had to isolate for two weeks and the weather was very warm.
I’m wondering if the hot weather and the car being stationary for that period of time has something to do with it?

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
567 Posts
Heat can cause plastic to expand. Will the cover not pop on again ? Was the sun hitting the rear of the car?

You may need new fasteners.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heat can cause plastic to expand. Will the cover not pop on again ? Was the sun hitting the rear of the car?

You may need new fasteners.
Thank you for your reply. It pops back on but next time the boot is opened comes right off again! It will of been in direct sunlight yes.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
567 Posts
When I first had mine there was a recall for the license plate light and they had to remove the cover. Afterwards it would come loose all the time and it required new fasteners before it stayed in place. Your dealer will have them in stock and if the car is still under warranty they probably would install for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I first had mine there was a recall for the license plate light and they had to remove the cover. Afterwards it would come loose all the time and it required new fasteners before it stayed in place. Your dealer will have them in stock and if the car is still under warranty they probably would install for you.
Hi. Thank you for the response. Unfortunately/typically the warranty has expired, only a few months ago!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi. Thank you for the response. Unfortunately/typically the warranty has expired, only a few months ago!
I would still take it to your local Land Rover service centre and ask them if it’s something LR would cover under warranty as it’s only just run out. They do this on a case by case basis. Or they may cover some of the cost for you. I had an issue with my windscreen wiper washers about 3 months outside of warranty and they agreed to pretty much half the cost of repair. It’s worth asking them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts