Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought our Discovery Sport last year, and we were told the service schedule was 3 yearly. But every 3 months it comes up that a service is required. It actually doesn't need a service, but the oil and filter needs changing. The workshop foreman told me that it obviously doesn't suit my lifestyle, which I found to be rather rude. Yes, I do a lot of short runs, but did the same with our Freelander, and that never missed a beat. I'm sure that I'm not the only person that does a lot of running around, so, does anyone else have the same problem?? If so, have you found anything to fix it??

·
Registered
113 Posts
A bit confused by some of the comments.... ultimately you should change the oil and filter at least once a year or every 10,000 miles (about 16,000 km).
Some people feel this is a bit infrequent and doing it every 5,000 miles..... but that's optional.
In my opinion - it is good to change the oil and filter every 6,000 to 7,000 miles ....I wouldn't worry about the time frequency....just go by the miles driven.

What is coming up every 3 months for you indicating that service is required ??
Are you referring to the on-board computer and the service alert ?
Are you really putting 10,000 miles every 3 months ??
If this is the case.... there is no "fix"....pretty much every car out there requires oil and filter change with that frequency....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts