Discovery Sport Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem with my discovery sport. They said the filler hose needs to be replaced cause it’s deteriorating. But based on a previous comment I am not sure that’s the fix. The car is still at the dealership. Did anyone every fully get this issue resolved. I only took it in after it started to spit gas out after I was refueling.

2016 Land Rover Discover Sport with 74K miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't believe It as been 2 years almost since I posted this. Still dealing with the same problem, It has not gotten any worse so I can't imagine it's deterioration. I ahve taken the fuel line off and inspected it and nothing noticable or blocking. I'm going to get back into trying to fix it. Let me know if anyone has found a solution or I will let you know. Seems like a common issue that LR should have recalled by now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I just got a used 2016 HSE. I'm really liking the SUV except for the fact that it takes forever to fill up the tank! I searched high and low for a quick fix and the common denominator seem to be to try to work the gas vent tube. The problem is how do you find the vent tube/hole? There is no other obvious hole inside the refill except for the main filler tube and a drain hole along the bottom. I'm a pretty good MacGuyver kinda guy if I can just get to it.

I do have warranty left, should I take it to the dealer to get it fixed? Has anybody got their dealer to fix it under warranty?
Having the same issue and after reading with no real solution, I drill two 5/32 holes next to the fill hole. It helps to allow for the vapor to flow out while filling. The gas cap still seals the over the port so you can maintain the pressurized system. It’s still a pain in the ass and LR should provide an answer for the opportunity to fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2016 Discovery Sports ... Same issue that i am not able to fill the tank ... all lines were also cleaned and aired as well however same issue ... any possible fix as i do not want a bill from the dealership

21 - 24 of 24 Posts