Discovery Sport Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem with my discovery sport. They said the filler hose needs to be replaced cause it’s deteriorating. But based on a previous comment I am not sure that’s the fix. The car is still at the dealership. Did anyone every fully get this issue resolved. I only took it in after it started to spit gas out after I was refueling.

2016 Land Rover Discover Sport with 74K miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't believe It as been 2 years almost since I posted this. Still dealing with the same problem, It has not gotten any worse so I can't imagine it's deterioration. I ahve taken the fuel line off and inspected it and nothing noticable or blocking. I'm going to get back into trying to fix it. Let me know if anyone has found a solution or I will let you know. Seems like a common issue that LR should have recalled by now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I just got a used 2016 HSE. I'm really liking the SUV except for the fact that it takes forever to fill up the tank! I searched high and low for a quick fix and the common denominator seem to be to try to work the gas vent tube. The problem is how do you find the vent tube/hole? There is no other obvious hole inside the refill except for the main filler tube and a drain hole along the bottom. I'm a pretty good MacGuyver kinda guy if I can just get to it.

I do have warranty left, should I take it to the dealer to get it fixed? Has anybody got their dealer to fix it under warranty?
Having the same issue and after reading with no real solution, I drill two 5/32 holes next to the fill hole. It helps to allow for the vapor to flow out while filling. The gas cap still seals the over the port so you can maintain the pressurized system. It’s still a pain in the ass and LR should provide an answer for the opportunity to fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2016 Discovery Sports ... Same issue that i am not able to fill the tank ... all lines were also cleaned and aired as well however same issue ... any possible fix as i do not want a bill from the dealership

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have a peculiar problem that started this past summer and seems to be getting worse. I have a 2016 Disco Sport with 30K miles on it.

Putting fuel in it has become a maddening process. The gas pump constantly shuts off and it takes me 3-4 times as long to fuel it as it had in the past. I have tried to reposition the nozzle and have forgone using the handle-stop because it only takes a few seconds and it shuts off. I can hear the fuel filling up the fill-neck of the tank so I suspect something is keeping it from flowing freely but could not possible grasp what it may be. Has a vacuum developed? Or worse yet, since the fuel door does not lock (a design flaw in my opinion), has some nefarious character put something down in the tank?

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
I have the same 2016 it's in 16 discovery sport and I have the same problem since it had 8000 miles on it. Tried over and over again to get it to the dealership. I kept the car at my home in Florida. They were remodeling the dealership at the time and I could not get an appointment every time I went down. I was told 3 weeks 4 weeks never got any help finally I had to drive the car back to Michigan when they shut down the airlines from the pandamic. Tried to go to the dealership there and I was a few miles over the warranty. And they refused to help me. By the way they were remodeling that dealership also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same 2016 it's in 16 discovery sport and I have the same problem since it had 8000 miles on it. Tried over and over again to get it to the dealership. I kept the car at my home in Florida. They were remodeling the dealership at the time and I could not get an appointment every time I went down. I was told 3 weeks 4 weeks never got any help finally I had to drive the car back to Michigan when they shut down the airlines from the pandamic. Tried to go to the dealership there and I was a few miles over the warranty. And they refused to help me. By the way they were remodeling that dealership also.
Actually I wasn't over the miles I only had 24000 miles on it. But the 3 years was up

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
774 Posts
I wonder if the problem could be high pressure pumps. When I have fueled up in the US it takes less time to fill up. I always use premium fuel and takes longer than those using regular fuel. I think a smaller pump is used for premium because of less demand.

What happens when fueling and only squeezing the handle 3/4 of the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you possibly attempted to put petrol in a diesel? Can you see a yellow flap in the line where you put the fuel nosel? These are a safety device which prevents you from feeling with the wrong fuel. In the car you will find a yellow tool which will help you reset the flap allowing you to continue fuelling properly. I found this video online. I hope this helps explain a little better.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts