Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the trim finishers on each side of the center console are attached? (Two RED pieces in photo below) When I found my DS on the lot it was the exact configuration I wanted aside from the RED trim pieces on each side of the center console. I thought they would grow on me…but they haven’t.

I can order the chrome pieces from LR to match the rest of the interior (cirus/lunar), and they are surprisingly inexpensive. I just can’t find any information on how they are attached, and I'd rather not break anything trying to figure it out myself. When I got the car, the Tech I spoke with seemed to think the entire dash needed to come apart in order to replace them, but he admitted he wasn't sure.

I have an HSE, and I think in the LUX there is an LED light strip behind them, which makes me think there might be an easy way to pop them off for service?

Has anyone out there replaced these or taken them off for another reason? Can you share what is involved and how difficult the process is? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
That ia strange they are red. Is that in all the LED enhanced Discos? Mine is silver and looks better in my mind.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, happy to sell them if I decide to tackle the replacement!
Excellent ;) Let me know when/if you get it done.

In terms of replacing trim - it might be worth it to just get the pieces you want on eBay (i've seen a bunch of replacement trim pieces in different finishes coming out of Taiwan/China) and bring it to a local auto customizing shop to have it done. i don't see it taking an experienced person more than 30 seconds haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts