Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody. My name is Cristian and I am from Spain. I am a 2018 Discovery Sport 2.0 TD4 owner. It has 70000km now and I have just started to notice a intermitent noise when the engine is cold. That noise dissapears once I start to drive. My mechanical technician told me that it could be a camshaft prblem. Could someone help me? Thank you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Need to hear it to diagnose, but needs investigation as the cost of a new engine would be high. May be just a loose fitting ! May be a loose exhaust or exhaust manifold. Try to pinpoint where the noise is coming from and get it diagnosed if it appears to be internal.

·
Registered
2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport S
5 Posts
Hello Everybody. My name is Cristian and I am from Spain. I am a 2018 Discovery Sport 2.0 TD4 owner. It has 70000km now and I have just started to notice a intermitent noise when the engine is cold. That noise dissapears once I start to drive. My mechanical technician told me that it could be a camshaft prblem. Could someone help me? Thank you.
There are some Technical Service Bulletins out there for Variable Camshaft Timing issues. Get it to the dealer and have them check it out before it gets too bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts