Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen several YouTube videos of tuned cars by Racechip and VR tuned.

1. Does it void warranty? As they modulate pre-ECU data, they seem to be plug and play. Can manufacturer or technical staff know by examining ECU logs, whether they have been working in the background?
2. Do they degrade fuel consumption? Well tuned chips makers and users claim improvement of consumption by keeping the car in low REV range in higher gears.
3. Decrease longevity of engine and transmission?
4. Any opinion about best module? Racechip looks promising as it has smartphone app for wireless management of profiles. However I have read in another member account here that it's functionality is questionable with DS. He has got better results with VR tuned

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey Kaushama!

1. Yes it would most definitely void your warranty, if you go through the contract with JLR warranty anything other than OEM will void the warranty, unless you find a way to cover it up!

2. I would say it depends on the chip and how you drive, I see a lot of people on forms and write up talk about poor fuel consumption or poor - moderate fuel consumption with the DS, but for me personally I get great milage considering, even when towing ~700-1000lbs. So that would be depending on the manufacturer of the chip and how you drive.... IMO.

3. Once again, I would revert to saying how you drive with that. I had a 1994 VW Corrado that was chipped, still runs today and have had it for about 12 years now... with no issues concerning the ECU and or longevity of E &T, although as long as you maintain every aspect of your vehicle you should be okay their for the most part.

4. I haven't done enough research on this to really give an opinion on the matter, but I would also suggest going with one that fits your needs... aka... wanna go faster? lol hope this helps although I'm aware its pretty vague.

-J.

·
Registered
113 Posts
hey Kaushama!

2. I would say it depends on the chip and how you drive, I see a lot of people on forms and write up talk about poor fuel consumption or poor - moderate fuel consumption with the DS, but for me personally I get great milage considering, even when towing ~700-1000lbs. So that would be depending on the manufacturer of the chip and how you drive.... IMO.

-J.
I must ask....what do you consider "great mileage" ?
I think DS for a I4...is average at best....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I must ask....what do you consider "great mileage" ?
I think DS for a I4...is average at best....
considering the I4, 600-650km/tank with no load. With towing a trailer ~600-1000lbs, 500-600kms/tanks depending on road conditions (hills, wind...etc.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts