Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a CEL after refueling at Safeway... I’ve been using chevron since purchasing but wife used Safeway gas this time. CEL came on and I got the code P2407 for the evap. I reseated the gas cap and cleared the code. Hoping it’s okay.
Anyone else get this code after refueling? Never had an issue until we used Safeway for gas

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck!

FWIW, I've been putting Kroger premium gas in mine and haven't had any issues.
I mainly use chevron. The wife decided to throw in Safeway gas... soooo, I’m thinking of just sticking with chevron from now on haha

·
Registered
37 Posts
My car gets about a dozen evap fault codes a year, it’s a common problem these cars have. The car has been to the dealership for service, but all they did was replace the gas cap after running some tests. I still get that fault code, but now I just check and clear the codes with OBDII scan tool.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car gets about a dozen evap fault codes a year, it’s a common problem these cars have. The car has been to the dealership for service, but all they did was replace the gas cap after running some tests. I still get that fault code, but now I just check and clear the codes with OBDII scan tool.

I got a "check gas cap" alert after that. Stopped, took gas cap off then put it back on. Restarted car, went away. Seems like its a bit of an annoyance than anything.

I bought an OBDII as well, so if i get the code again im going to just clear it as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got a "check gas cap" alert after that. Stopped, took gas cap off then put it back on. Restarted car, went away. Seems like its a bit of an annoyance than anything.

I bought an OBDII as well, so if i get the code again im going to just clear it as well.
I'm starting to have second thoughts... is your car vibrating at idle? I started to notice mine when the start/stop is not engaged. With the recent cold weather the start/stop system is not activating so the vibrations are noticeable. It can't be normal for a luxury car to vibrate like this, my other car does not have this problem.

Maybe there's a small vacuum leak we are not aware of. I'm going to do more research on the subject, and plan to have my trusted mechanic investigate the issue further in April (after my last car payment :)).

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
606 Posts
Winter Blend fuel has huge effect on engines.Also make sure you never overfill the tank no more than the auto shut off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What's Winter Blend Fuel? Could this case vibrations at idle while in gear? It seems like the idle RPM is programed too low (785 rpm), I miss the old school cars were you can adjust idle.

I got a replacement Bosh Evap purge valve, just need to find it on the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.