Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a trip in the mountains in high temperatures with no problems at all. Came home and the next day removed all the bug debris from the front of the car and gave a very fast wash, no problems. Next morning drove out of the garage and vacuumed the car and removed all the junk generated by 2 grand kids after a week. no problems.

10 minutes after cleaning the interior I started the car to go to the car wash and boom the check engine light came on not flashing and car drove fine. Connected my code reader and came up with Code P0302 misfire number 2 cylinder.

Phoned dealer to set up an appointment gave the code and asked if I should cancel the code in case it was just a one time thing. :DWas told if I cancel the code my warranty would be in valid as they can trace owners doing this. I guess they want me to come in so they can charge Land Rover. Oh well I do have a software update that has to be applied anyway, car does not display service message.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got into the dealership today almost 3 weeks later.

Service rep told me to take a seat as it would take no more than 1 1/2 hours to fix. I said that was optimistic because the most common problem with the ford engine was injectors. We both laughed :Dat my lack of understanding of engines.I opted for a loaner.

A few hours later was told the car was not repaired as they had to order parts can any one guess what parts????>:D

They found codes P0300 fuel Rail pressure low, P0302 cylinder 2 misfire, P0304 cylinder 4 misfire.

Solution order 2 injectors, 4 injector kits? and a fuel feed tube. They also hope that the new injectors will also clear P0300.

Now it will take a week to get the parts and then I can make an appointment to have the repairs done. So it looks like at least one more month before car is fixed.

;)I asked how long it would take to do the repairs and was told 1 1/2 hours, see second paragraph.

Car has been running OK but terrible fuel economy lately.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Finally got into the dealership today almost 3 weeks later........They found codes P0300 fuel Rail pressure low, P0302 cylinder 2 misfire, P0304 cylinder 4 misfire..........Car has been running OK but terrible fuel economy lately.
Sorry to hear about the problems....had the same happen to me just 1 month after I had picked up the car...fuel rail pressure low
Lucky for me the service guy said they have seen many of those so always have spare parts on hand....car was fixed within 2 days....so I was just driving a loaner for those 2 days.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My service guy says not common at all. Maybe I should drive to NJ , probably faster driving across the continent that having my closest dealer look at it.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have noticed no problems driving except for poor fuel economy from day 1. :confused:

Curious if any one noticed any changes after the repairs.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally car is repaired after 2 months of delay. They changed out 2 injectors and car seems to run smoother but maybe my imagination. it may take a full tank of fuel for the engine to stabilize.

I had problems with the TPMS that they where to fix as well,,,, that fared poorly. I complained that if I raised the tire pressure to 37/37 and set the TMPS to normal after a few days the car would revert to light load. Software update done (?) and after setting to normal the next day back to reading light load.

Driving back from the dealer in Langley B.C. the ride seemed harsh. Tires where warm after short drive home and read 44 psi front and rear. parked outside and checked next morning and tires read 41 psi front and rear and the dealer had set the TPMS to light load in which case the pressure should have been set to 37/34. I was told that the top technician:nerd: had worked on car when I phoned to complain and that I should drive back so they could let some air out of the tires to make it safer.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after having the injectors changed out I find the car does run better and the engine seems quieter.

There is one strange thing happening now. Before there was always a 14% error in computed fuel economy and what the car displayed now there is almost a 18% error. I think the new injectors are letting more fuel in and playing mind games with the computer. But actual fuel economy has stayed about the same.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After getting the injectors replaced but not having the tmps software updated nor the stop/start working as I requested. Not a very happy camper. I started to notice a gassy smell when starting the car but wife did not notice it so it finally got worse and she agreed with me.

So now I had tmps not working properly, battery warning coming up, no start/stop (wife liked that), gassy smell, poor fuel economy and the plastic on the rear hatch dropping down ever since the license plate light was changed on a recall.

So I called MCL motors in Vancouver to set up an appointment (long distance from my house). They have a valet service and came to my house and dropped off a brand new Jaguar F Pace 3 litre as a loaner.
They had the car for 3 days as they tested each morning when engine was cold.

TMPS software was updated, updated the Gateway Module for battery and start/stop problems, replaced several clips on the hatch , found low fuel pressure and changed out leaking injectors number 1 and 3. So now all the injectors have been changed.

Delivered the car to me in pristine condition.The car looked like it had been not only washed and vacuumed but detailed as well. The tires where even treated. They did take away the Jag:crying:

So after years of complains to the first dealer every thing seems fine.

I also had them change out the cabin filter and the A/C blows a little stronger:nerd:
Oh ironically the day I had the car go to MCL I received a letter from Langley Land Rover telling me my 3 1/2 year car was do for a 2 year service:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts