Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I started looking for the Discovery Sport, I noticed that the SE and HSE models both are labelled "Sport" in the rear badge while the HSE Lux has the extra emblem and says "Sport HSE Luxury"....

I have been asked by 2 people recently if the model I have is the SE model since all other Land Rover products (Range Rovers, LR3, LR4) have their cars identified as SE, HSE, and HSE Luxury....

So I took it upon myself to order a set of Range Rover badging and replace the chrome "Sport" with a set of black gloss "Sport HSE"....:eek:

I know - so trivial and vain, but I always want to make sure that my HSE is an HSE:

Before:

After:

;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's a decent look 4sally. I actually like that they leave off the hse trim, the HSE luxury badging cluttered up the back end too much in my opinion.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That's a decent look 4sally. I actually like that they leave off the hse trim, the HSE luxury badging cluttered up the back end too much in my opinion.
thanks - I know it's a trivial thing, but I really miss the HSE submodel emblem common on all the other Range Rovers, Land Rovers, and LR2 I have seen over time....

I also thought of getting the Lux badge, then chopping off the right side "luxury" part and sticking it under the original silver sport logo but maybe it would tacky looking ??

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love how that looks. what other changes are you planning to do?
Thanks for your vote on the cosmetic mod.

Next mod is the mud flaps - like to complete the look of a SUV since flapless Discovery Sport has that CUV look without the mud flaps...
:D
Also, for functionality to prevent road spray from the tires onto the white paint causing so much waterless washing I have been doing:
http://www.discoverysport.net/forum/appearance-body/4249-waterless-washing-first-carwash-meguiars-detail-spray.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am picking up my 2016 Discovery Sport HSE today and was wondering why there is no emblem. Where did you get the "Sport HSE" emblem. I'm getting one.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
As nice as those badges are i'm the type to remove them unless i had a black discovery sport, then in that case I would keep badging in black for a ghosting effect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Black on Black would look really nice for a low-key stealth badge. Nonetheless this does look good as well, but I would opt to debadge completely

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up my Sport HSE last night and asked the dealer to throw in the "Sport HSE" emblem, he agreed. I'll have it in 3-4 days.

Thanks for the idea and the pics.

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts