Discovery Sport Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have the Incontrol Touch Pro then there is an upgrade if your dealer is nice enough.

If you have the Incontrol Touch 8" then you need to use a separate unit that plugs into the 8" orginal unit like the Joyeauto or IDCore ones. I installed mine and have been using it for a few weeks now. In general it works pretty well.
Wow that is cool. Can you give us an update as to how well this works after using it for a while??

Thanks!

Silas

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
770 Posts
A member of an other forum mentioned he did the installation himself and it took him 6 hours to do it. Apparently routing the wires for the microphone was the hardest. He reports being very pleased. I think a shop would do the job much quicker.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, it seems like I'm SOL on this one. Shame on me for not doing enough research to realize this Disco has the regular Touch and not the Touch Pro system, but still a little miffed that the dealer not only advertised it as such, but even agreed for the free software upgrade to enable CarPlay as part of the deal.

From everything I can see, it can only be added to the Pro, and unless I'm missing something the dealership is right in that there is no way to upgrade the stereo hardware (which still seems really odd to me).

If anyone has successfully either upgraded a system (physically obviously) to a Pro, or has found a way to add CarPlay support to a standard Touch model (with Meridian sound if that matters), I would LOVE to hear about it.

Thanks all.
Not the news I wanted but it was exactly the info I was after thanks! I have the regular touch also, so looking at how to get Android Auto working on it.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
A member of an other forum mentioned he did the installation himself and it took him 6 hours to do it. Apparently routing the wires for the microphone was the hardest. He reports being very pleased. I think a shop would do the job much quicker.
Hi, any chance of a link to that other forum as Im keen to try one of these too and wanted to get some real world feedback, thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting this unit from aliexpress LR Disco Sport Headunit (posted previously) but am not confident in doing the installation myself. Would anyone who has done it before care to share their experience? Thanks in advance! View attachment 7556
Hi, Im keen to know if you've got this yet, how hard it was to install, does it really retain all of the original features and controls and how good it is please.
Thanks

·
Registered
2017 DS SE Tech 2.0 Diesel In White
6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I bought a Land rover Discovery Sport 2020 standard model vehicle. It has 10" Touch Pro system, but no navigation or Android Auto/Apple car play listed in the features. There is no navigation tab on the screen. I would like to have the Android auto feature. When I call up the customer service, I get conflicting answers saying it is supported and not supported. How can I know for sure? Also, if it is not supported, is there any after market solution available in USA for this model? TIA.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I bought a Land rover Discovery Sport 2020 standard vehicle. It has 10" Touch Pro system, but no navigation or Android Auto/Apple car play listed in the features. There is no navigation tab on the screen. I would like to have the Android auto feature. When I call up the customer service, I get conflicting answers saying it is supported and not supported. How can I know for sure? Also, if it is not supported, is there any after market solution available in USA for this model? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport SE
14 Posts
Automotive design Steering part Personal luxury car Vehicle audio Technology

Car Motor vehicle Plant Automotive design Steering part

Car Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle audio

Vehicle Steering part Steering wheel Car Automotive design

Car Steering part Vehicle Automotive design Plant

As title suggests, I love my DS but I couldn't live with that basic Harman system with the outdated 2019 maps and buggy/limited mobile apps, so I took the plunge and bought a carplay decoder and got it in 2 days from Amazon. Was cheaper on Ali but didn't want to wait a month for shipping.
After some frustration and admitted rookie mistakes by me during initial install, I self corrected and the final result is amazing.
As mentioned by someone else on forum, got OEM cam working fine on first try by switching on modules 1&8 and leaving rest off.

·
Registered
2019 Disco Sport HSE
1 Posts
View attachment 8037
View attachment 8041
View attachment 8040
View attachment 8039
View attachment 8038
As title suggests, I love my DS but I couldn't live with that basic Harman system with the outdated 2019 maps and buggy/limited mobile apps, so I took the plunge and bought a carplay decoder and got it in 2 days from Amazon. Was cheaper on Ali but didn't want to wait a month for shipping.
After some frustration and admitted rookie mistakes by me during initial install, I self corrected and the final result is amazing.
As mentioned by someone else on forum, got OEM cam working fine on first try by switching on modules 1&8 and leaving rest off.
Hi! Could you link which one you purchased on Amazon? Much thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So…..new to the club and got my first Land Rover. Just so happens to be the 2019 Discovery Sport HSE model.

I am trying to find on google aftermarket ideas as my car’s infotainment system does not come with apple car play or just stock Land Rover apps.

I’ve looked and called and i really can’t get a straight answer except for the Land Rover in Baton Rouge. They flat out just said….”cannot be done”.

But I’ve seen other people on their older 2016-2017-2018. But i have also seen that 2015-2019 (i believe) are practically almost the same car.

Can somebody please help me or point me in the right direction who was either the similar car and done updates to theirs w/o issues or that has experience in my dilemma. Would greatly appreciate it!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts