Discovery Sport Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting this unit from aliexpress LR Disco Sport Headunit (posted previously) but am not confident in doing the installation myself. Would anyone who has done it before care to share their experience? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have the Incontrol Touch Pro then there is an upgrade if your dealer is nice enough.

If you have the Incontrol Touch 8" then you need to use a separate unit that plugs into the 8" orginal unit like the Joyeauto or IDCore ones. I installed mine and have been using it for a few weeks now. In general it works pretty well.
Wow that is cool. Can you give us an update as to how well this works after using it for a while??

Thanks!

Silas

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
530 Posts
A member of an other forum mentioned he did the installation himself and it took him 6 hours to do it. Apparently routing the wires for the microphone was the hardest. He reports being very pleased. I think a shop would do the job much quicker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Darn it. So this one is a no go:
That's the one I have in the 2017 Discovery i just bought ugh. I went to the dealer today wanting to update my software, but he said it can't be done. I wish i had the better screen. I wonder if it could be upgraded to the pro touch? And how much.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, it seems like I'm SOL on this one. Shame on me for not doing enough research to realize this Disco has the regular Touch and not the Touch Pro system, but still a little miffed that the dealer not only advertised it as such, but even agreed for the free software upgrade to enable CarPlay as part of the deal.

From everything I can see, it can only be added to the Pro, and unless I'm missing something the dealership is right in that there is no way to upgrade the stereo hardware (which still seems really odd to me).

If anyone has successfully either upgraded a system (physically obviously) to a Pro, or has found a way to add CarPlay support to a standard Touch model (with Meridian sound if that matters), I would LOVE to hear about it.

Thanks all.
Not the news I wanted but it was exactly the info I was after thanks! I have the regular touch also, so looking at how to get Android Auto working on it.......

41 - 46 of 46 Posts