Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi

I would advise you to hold on your decision to buy the car now. There is a newer model coming in 2020 which will have In Touch Control Pro as a standard fitting and it will also support Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Apart from the system there will be a few more upgrades to the design and other features.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I was also looking for the 10" touch screen with android Auto and carplay, so I bought this product (link above)

So I should get it in 15 days.
I can send you pictures of the product, because the guy tested it before sending it, and sent me some pictures (not able to send picture in the forum now, should wait more post ???)

He says it was plug and play, but didn't say how to remove the plastic board to replace the old one without breaking something.
Do you know where I could find a description how to remove the touch screen ?

@wolfyinuk, have you been able to install and use the system? any feedback?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, this is really useful, thanks.

I've just bought a 2018 SD4, but it has the 'non pro' system (with hard buttons); Is it still possible to pull this out and replace with the ones mentioned in this thread? or am I stuck with it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, just by way of update.... Still haven't decided what I'm going to do with the Carplay situation yet, but on the upside, the dealer has stepped up to the plate on the screwup...

Since they can't make the infotainment right, they are going to cover the cost (all hardware and labor) to install a full trailer hitch set-up. That's no small expense to cover so I'll give them credit on that where credit is due!
Hi Disco2112,

What did you end up doing in the end? I am in the same position (just bought my DS2018 with the old 8" intouch - not pro!). I found a company that installs a device behind the intouch module that is supposed to give Apple CarPlay and Android support; they are charging $1200 AUD fitted.

I still think it's strange that you can't replace the 8" with the 10" - especially since it would have been an option on the original build ! I would have paid good money to get the 10" incontrol pro!

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Which company/ option would do this? Any link? I’d be willing to pay for that option to have Apple CarPlay.

So, just by way of update.... Still haven't decided what I'm going to do with the Carplay situation yet, but on the upside, the dealer has stepped up to the plate on the screwup...

Since they can't make the infotainment right, they are going to cover the cost (all hardware and labor) to install a full trailer hitch set-up. That's no small expense to cover so I'll give them credit on that where credit is due!
Hi Disco2112,

What did you end up doing in the end? I am in the same position (just bought my DS2018 with the old 8" intouch - not pro!). I found a company that installs a device behind the intouch module that is supposed to give Apple CarPlay and Android support; they are charging $1200 AUD fitted.

I still think it's strange that you can't replace the 8" with the 10" - especially since it would have been an option on the original build ! I would have paid good money to get the 10" incontrol pro!

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just checked with the LR dealer. They said they can’t replace the standard unit with the intouch pro. We’re kind of stuck with it. Guess I’ll just have to start learning how to use the default GPS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
According to my survey, there are only 3 ways to upgrade carplay.

1. It will cost at least $7000 upgrade to the original full touch 12‘screen system.

2. Purchase an external system in aftermarket and install it. The original Harman (NLI HU) and carpaly share the original monitor.

3. Replace Android directly, but there may be a bigger risk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is actually an option now to get CarPlay or Android Auto on the InControl touch (not the pro). Its a little android box that plugs into the main entertainment unit behind the climate controls. There are a couple of options as far as I have seen but they are essentially the same kind of hardware solution.

One is from Joyeauto and the other is from Unique-AD.

I'll post more details and take some photos over the weekend.

·
Registered
34 Posts
At my last oil change, the service advisor said the Intouch Control Pro software is updated to include CarPlay. It never showed up, but he said it should.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have the Incontrol Touch Pro then there is an upgrade if your dealer is nice enough.

If you have the Incontrol Touch 8" then you need to use a separate unit that plugs into the 8" orginal unit like the Joyeauto or IDCore ones. I installed mine and have been using it for a few weeks now. In general it works pretty well.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
It wasnt a quick install and the unit isnt perfect but overall I think its a good addition to the vehicle.

Cons
- Not easy to install. Lots of trim to remove and screws.
- Not integrated with factory steering wheel controls.
- Factory reverse camera not engaging for some people when going into reverse (you can exit out of the system back to the LR system though and everything works as normal)
- Not able to interact with updates (i.e. messages, whatsapp) - I think they can fix this through a future firmware update.
- Uses the AUX to play audio. - Its not actually that bad and I leave mine on AUX and use it for playing media and the phone as well through apple play.

Pros
- Carplay working in vehicle with touchscreen interface.
- Carplay will be upgraded whenever apple does an update.
- Units are upgradable through firmware update. If you install the USB cable somewhere accessible then this is a simple process where you dont need direct access to the unit.
- Nice to have all the carplay apps there and working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the CarPlay unit installed in my 2017 Disco Sport by a professional car audio technician. Cost Including hardware - $1,500. Works great.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Service Action: N377: In control Touch Pro Update (update for android/apple car play, updated maps and the ability to receive wifi updates)

Did anyone else get this update in the mail and head into a dealership for it? I took my vehicle in 4 weeks ago and in the process of upgrading my unit (2017 incontrol touch pro) they fried it. They failed to install the new update and in the move to revert back to original software they fried the computer. 4 weeks later I now have a new unit from a 2020 model year vehicle. The system now runs a lot smoother and having carplay/android auto is a game changer.

If you have a 2017 model year or newer with the pro system it is worth the upgrade...granted they don't make any mistakes. Thankfully they had me in a fully loaded Velar for the 4 weeks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have the Incontrol Touch Pro then there is an upgrade if your dealer is nice enough.

If you have the Incontrol Touch 8" then you need to use a separate unit that plugs into the 8" orginal unit like the Joyeauto or IDCore ones. I installed mine and have been using it for a few weeks now. In general it works pretty well.
Do you have a link of where you purchased this?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts