Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I drive an end 2016 Disco sport and have been experiencing the following issue the past 1 year: When the car is stationary, gear in D and parking brake on, the car will jerk back and forth until move off. This issue comes periodically (at least once a day) and there is no such issue when gear is dis-engaged (in P or neutral). I have went to a few workshop but none was able to resolve it.

Anyone have similar experience?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like a transmission or torque converter issue.

Have you had your transmission fluid replaced recently? Does it ever slip gears while moving?

Another thing I'd ask - when it happens, try putting your left foot on the brake and with your right give it some revs about 2000. If the shudder stops when you do that (and your answer to above about slipping while driving) it may be the idle air control valve?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks adhunt99 for the suggestion. I think it is worth checking that out. When the aircon is off, the problem disappear - potentially the IACV was not able to handle the additional load from aircon.

There is no major gear slippage, but once in a while, there is a loud 'thud' sound when shifting through the first few gears.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So now that you say there's an occasional clunk on shifts, consider the transmission or engine mounts being loose as well. The AC being off drops the idle revs and may make the engine vibrate at a level that doesn't cause the mounts to move.

If the shuddering at idle does not cause the revs to go up and down, rather just the shuddering, this may be more the more likely cause.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts