Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any setting on the car to control the ringing volume of the connected cell phone??
I connected mine and the first time it rang I thought I will get a heart attack.....still can't get used to it....it is so loud.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't know because I don't own DS at this point but on my BMW you just have to turn the volume knob on your audio system down just as you would be turning down volume for any music.
and so next time the call comes it does not ring as loud. Does not have to work on your DS but
worth a trying, just call yourself from another phone and see try to mess with the volume on the car audio console.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's not what I was looking for.
Some cars like Audis have actual default volume settings for various functions (Radio, telephone, Nav) that can be independently set and from that point on will always have that volume setting unless you turn the Volume knob up or down....
Frequently such setting are "hidden" deep in the menu so I was hoping somebody familiar with the vehicle was aware.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One doesn't need a trip to a dealer....assuming the function is available.
On Audi cars it is part of the main setup menu....I've had A4 and A6. I have seen it in other cars within different menus...but nothing that would require special trip to the dealer.
Based on what I have read to this point and lack of responses from the actual owners I am pretty certain LR doesn't have this function.....so this sucks a bit....each time I drive my car and have my audio turned up I will have to be aware that the phone may go off and when it does, it will be so loud that it may scare the **** out of me.
turning a Vol knob at that point is mute (no pun intended) since I may as well just pick up the call

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm pretty sure it has that function. I can vaguely remember setting this all up when we got the car a year ago. Definitely adjusted nav volume to be different from media volume. Can't remember if I touched phone ring volume, and I can't remember where in the settings it would be. The manual is a confusing mess, so not much help there. You might just have to play around with the settings until you find it.

M

·
0 Posts
I don't think there is a function to reduce ringer volume, though reducing the call volume may have that effect.

To access those volumes: hit the "gears" button to the left of the display, select System from that menu, select Volume Settings and you should have all (including Nav Guidance, etc.).

If that doesn't work, try reducing the ringer volume on your phone itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts