Discovery Sport Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Camping in the DS with four people.... We do it all the time! I feel my secret is the good strong crossbars and a decent basket. Even cargo tray on the back hitch helps temendously! I don't have a picture with the cargo tray and roof basket full for camping, but you get the idea. I have some nice Rhino Rack roof rails and an old Rola roof basket that gets the job done. My rear cargo basket is a CarLoc brand I believe. The car can take the load, and my roof rails have carried hundreds of pounds of firewood and water and material, you just can't drive like a madman. But even under load the car does well up and down old forest roads. Don't be afraid to chock it full or put the middle of the rear seat down for longer items. Cheers!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey @[email protected], looks like we have the same Rola rack. I purchased the extension as well, which perfectly covers the whole roof; it’s surprising how much stuff you can pile up on there!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just noticing that all the websites which advertise the front runner slim Line roof rack indicate that DO NOT fit vehicles with NO sunroof.

Is that right? My ds does not have a sun roof
I have the pano roof and had the same question to them. It will fit. The way they word it is confusing. You should check with their customer service team first though.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts