Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when backing out of my drive I noticed that the angle of my reverse camera is facing sideways instead of straight back. Is there a way to reconfigure this? I have no idea how it happened I use my camera ever time I park in my garage and it was perfectly normal last time I drove! Please help!

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
I had a good look at my camera yesterday and there is no adjustment I can see. Does the camera seem loose or damaged in any way? Curious when you back up what do the yellow markers show on the screen?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a good look at my camera yesterday and there is no adjustment I can see. Does the camera seem loose or damaged in any way? Curious when you back up what do the yellow markers show on the screen?
It shows the yellow lines but they are also sideways, camera is still secure I cannot detect any movement, I thought maybe a large bump or some sort of vibration may have caused it to come out of it's correct position, even though I know none occured, it literally changed overnight.
See photo
IMG_20200707_104529.jpg

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
That is very strange . Do you have cameras all around? I don't but it looks like the camera is trying to look to the side.

If any one has birds eye camera hopefully they can help. Step up guys/gals

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Put the car in birdseye then turn birds eye off,, if that does not help or if someone with birdseye does not respond it may be a trip to the dealer. Sort of dangerous the way it is

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Surround View (birdseye). This does not look like an electronic issue. The physical camera pointing on the rear does not appear correct. Can you get a picture of the camera while facing the rear of the vehicle? It should look like the attached. It is normal that the camera is offset from the centerline of the vehicle.

Also it appears that your camera is mounted on the driver's side of the vehicle. What year is your vehicle?

IMG_20200713_144538666_HDR.jpg (By the way, I am an optics engineer by education and worked for the company that designed the lenses that went into this system.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is very strange . Do you have cameras all around? I don't but it looks like the camera is trying to look to the side.

If any one has birds eye camera hopefully they can help. Step up guys/gals
Update: took it to Land Rover, the camera had to replaced, said it was a camera malfunction. Something caused the image to flip, the camera was not dislodged or moved it any way.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
(y)Glad to hear it was fixed,, hope it does not happen to the rest of us. Thanks for the update

1 - 10 of 10 Posts