Discovery Sport Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the instructions and detailed pictures. This seriously was a huge pain and was close to giving up. I didn't want to bend the metal tab and almost had the white tab off, then was pulling hard and ended up cracking the clip, still works though so could have been worse. Putting the new one in was also a huge task but with a few scrapes on my hands and a lot of swear words, finally got it done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread was SO HELPFUL for me! I must say, I am a woman, and getting the new air filter shimmied back in was easier for me because I could get my smaller fingers in there to feel it in and guide it. My husband did have to help me with those pesky white clips. But we got it done, and pretty quickly. Thanks everyone for the great info!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just did this tonight and yes.. a real pain in the rear ;) one note I would add... the electrical connectors both pop off that metal bracket relatively easy and make the job somewhat easier for sure, especially during the install of the new filter..

They are the "Christmas tree" type fastener and will come out.... I was able to massage pull each of them out carefully. The top one hs two to pop off and the bottom one is held in place with one. Hope that helps and good luck.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts