Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 DS HSE is not equipped with InTouch. Therefore, I can't download the latest features like CarPlay and GPS to it. Instead, I have a GPS SD Card inserted into the center armrest. The GPS is outdated -- many streets are missing. Can someone tell me how I can buy a more current GPS SD Card? I visited my local LR dealership today and they said that they no longer carry them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi i am having the same problem.3 dealers close by and finally one sort of helped. They can order the sd card but it has the original maps on it.
Go to LAND ROVER INCONTROL TOUCH MAP UPDATER and download the program for either Windows or Mac and install it. Follow the onscreen directions and you should be OK not will be OK. Have the sd card from your car ready and set to go maybe. Was trying to do it myself with new copy of windows 10 professional and windows would not see the SD card. My computer has no sd reader and was using an adapter. I am going to try it with my grandson's laptop that has a built in card reader with different drivers. After covid 19 of course, I beleive the cost is less than $200 but do not know how current it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bill, Thanks so much for the helpful tip. It worked like a charm!
thanks again!

·
Registered
348 Posts
So finally my local computer store opens, so I lug my desktop down to see why I can not update. My sd card reader works fine on Android, both read and write but shows locked on my computer. Tech works for 30 minutes and can not find a problem. Finally opens a package for new card reader and every thing works,, no reason why old reader would not work. So I go home after spending $15.00 for new reader and no charge for labour.

Not a speedy process (have 300 download) but Navigation updated finally. I think the charge is around $160.00 depending on exchange rate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts