Discovery Sport Forum banner

Buying a DS?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DiscoDisco 
#1 ·
Hi Im new to the forum since Im looking to buy a second hand DS from the Uk. However Ive been hearing too much about oil dilution and rattle issues. Is there a model without these problems and does it happen to all?
I have a 2011 freelander 2 which is highly reliable; not an issue in 4 years and i am scared to chane to something more recent and nicer but less reliable. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

#2 ·
I wouldn’t say they are unreliable. But they will have a few “issues”. Remember that you will see more of the problems on forums from a small percentage of owners. The larger percentage don’t have anything bad to post. So take them with a grain of salt.
That being said, if you buy ANY used Land Rover product be sure it’s a certified preowned that comes with a warranty. That’s just a smart thing to do when purchasing a used LR.

As far as rattles go, we have a few but they don’t bother us enough to mess with it. We usually have the music up too loud to notice. They do bother some people though.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.